Due to a significantly delayed diagnosis, no one should have to discover that a disease has progressed or has become deadly. As a result, many individuals suffer from delayed cancer diagnosis due to diagnostic errors made by healthcare personnel.
Cancer can spread and be more challenging to cure, if not impossible to operate on if detected too late. Experienced Syracuse Delayed Cancer diagnosis lawyers are essential for anybody who just obtained a delayed cancer diagnosis.
Meanwhile, they’re aware that you have any concerns about being faced with a postponed cancer diagnosis and your next steps.
Why Cancer Diagnoses Are Often Delayed
Before speaking with a lawyer regarding your case, you should be aware of the reasons for the delayed cancer diagnosis. Delaying cancer diagnosis may be caused by many factors, including a diagnostic mistake.
- within the course of a patient’s regular examination;
- A wrong cancer diagnosis is made after a patient has reported their symptoms;
- ER staffers misdiagnosed a patient;
- Errors in the interpretation of scans and images by radiologists
- a pathology inaccuracy in analyzing the samples
- Errors in the laboratory’s testing procedures lead to inaccurate findings;
Colonoscopies, mammograms, and pap smears suggest cancer screenings depending on an individual’s age and risk factors.
Patient’s Test Results Were Not Correctly Logged
Delays in diagnosis may arise when a healthcare professional is slow to refer a patient to a specialist or suggest needed healthcare. Consider the possibility that your healthcare professional may be to blame for your health issues
After learning more about the situations that lead to them, identifying the sorts of healthcare professionals that are to blame for delayed diagnosis is critical. For example, if your case involves a delayed cancer diagnosis, the following parties might be held responsible:
- The family doctor or general practitioner;
- Test findings were processed at the laboratory.
- a worker in a lab who works with test findings;
Hospital where a patient was misdiagnosed;
Manufacturer Or Designer Of A Cancer Diagnostic Test That Is Inaccurate
Specialist healthcare practitioners may be held accountable if they fail to identify one kind of cancer appropriately and a delay in diagnosis occurs because of that failure. You must consult with a delayed cancer diagnosis lawyer to determine the precise circumstances of your case.
Assist Your Lawyer In Proving The Elements Of Either A Delayed Cancer Case
A medical malpractice lawyer can help you with this step and any other legal issues. To be clear, a medical negligence claim will be filed against the negligent healthcare professional in the case of a delayed cancer diagnosis. Your case will be won or lost based on your ability to demonstrate.
- As a consequence of the doctor-patient relationship, the healthcare practitioner owes you a duty of care.
- Misdiagnosing your cancer or making a mistake that led to its delayed diagnosis was a healthcare provider’s violation of the duty of care.
- You were harmed because a healthcare provider failed to meet their duty of care.
- As a consequence of the delayed diagnosis, you were harmed.
- To avoid losing your right to sue, file your lawsuit as soon as possible.
When filing a claim, you must ensure that you do it before the statute of limitations expires. However, delayed diagnosis claims may have a longer statute of limitations under New York law, which is two years plus six months from the date of the damage.
CONTACT A DELAYED CANCER DIAGNOSIS ATTORNEY FOR HELP
It’s your right to seek compensation for the losses and hold the irresponsible doctor or another healthcare practitioner responsible if they missed a cancer diagnosis. Several terrible consequences of delayed cancer diagnosis make therapy either impossible or difficult.
A patient’s cancer treatment and survival may be jeopardized if it is not discovered and treated early enough.
Syracuse Delayed Cancer diagnosis lawyers are dedicated and experienced delayed cancer diagnosis lawyers in the Upstate realize how stressful these circumstances can be, but they want to help you get the results you’re looking for.