News, Culture & Society

Adelaide paedophile Bronte Ciracovitch admits vile acts including abuse of four year old boy

Face of a predator: Paedophile childcare worker, 30, admits sexually abusing boy, 4, while being filmed by his boyfriend – after his identity was revealed so parents could be told about his vile offending

  • Bronte John Ciracovitch, 30 from Adelaide pleaded guilty to child sex crimes 
  • Police contacted 180 families about his disturbing offences to build a case 
  • His ex-boyfriend pleaded not guilty to charges and will face a trial in Adelaide


A paedophile childcare worker has confessed to sexual abusing a four-year-old boy while his then-boyfriend filmed with a mobile phone. 

Bronte John Ciracovitch, 30, pleaded guilty to maintaining an unlawful sexual relationship with a child at the Adelaide District Court on Friday.

He had already pleaded guilty to producing or taking steps to produce child exploitation material. 

Ciracovitch faced a 15-year jail term if he was found guilty at trial but will earn as much as a 25 per cent discount on his sentence because of his early pleas.

The 30-year-old’s name suppression was lifted in March so 180 families whose children went to the Child Care Services Australia centre in north Adelaide he worked at could be notified, The Adelaide Advertiser reported. 

Bronte John Ciracovitch, 30, changed his plea in the Adelaide District Court on Friday as he pleaded guilty to abusing a four year child boy

Ciracovitch's ex-boyfriend and co-accused, Kane Graham Rockley, 34, is accused of helping film the abuse of a four-year-old

Ciracovitch’s ex-boyfriend and co-accused, Kane Graham Rockley, 34, is accused of helping film the abuse of a four-year-old

Ciracovitch has also pleaded guilty to two counts of possessing child exploitation material – one basic and one aggravated – after initially denying the charges. 

His ex-boyfriend Kane Graham Rockley, 34, was accused of allegedly arranging the filming of the abuse of the four-year-old.

He was also accused of filming a boy showering and sending the images to a third person.

Rockley faced charges of one aggregated count of producing child exploitation material and maintains his innocence.

He will face trial at a later date. 

Ciracovitch was arrested in September 2020 and initially faced seven charges including aggravated counts of producing and possessing child exploitation material and having sex with a child.

Bronte John Ciracovitch, 30, was the only male working at a childcare centre in the northern suburbs of Adelaide when he was arrested in September last year

Bronte John Ciracovitch, 30, was the only male working at a childcare centre in the northern suburbs of Adelaide when he was arrested in September last year 

Adelaide Magistrates Court heard he allegedly had a sexual relationship with a child between December 31, 2019 and September 21, 2020.

He pleaded not guilty at the time.

But on Friday he changed his plea and pleaded guilty to three charges.

He faces a maximum 15-year prison term, but is eligible for a 25 per cent reduction in his sentence because he pleaded guilty.

Ciracovitch will be back in court next month facing another child abuse file.

His lawyers are seeking a plea bargain for that alleged offence.

A parent at the childcare centre expresses his dismay at Ciracovitch's arrest and being kept in the dark for so long

A parent at the childcare centre expresses his dismay at Ciracovitch’s arrest and being kept in the dark for so long

The families alerted by police were unhappy it took South Australian police up to six months to contact them about Ciracovitch’s sick acts.  

‘My stomach just dropped… I was just like no it can’t be,’ one parent told Seven News about the moment he found out about Ciracovitch’s arrst.

‘I felt utterly sick, I felt betrayed… I will never, ever trust again. [My son] attended the centre when he turned one and he left as soon as I found out about what happened and the arrest.’

The letters played a large factor in the revoking of Ciracovitch’s suppression order on Wednesday.

Lawyers from the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions said detectives wanted to send out the letters to alert the families about the allegations against Ciracovitch.

Ciracovitch attended Elizabeth Magistrates Court in Adelaide (pictured) in September last year when he was arrested

Ciracovitch attended Elizabeth Magistrates Court in Adelaide (pictured) in September last year when he was arrested

They argued if the suppression order was to remain the police should be granted an exemption to send their letters.

In March Ciracovitch’s lawyer said the revoking of the suppression order was ‘appalling’ as the police were planning to ‘name and shame’ the defendant to collect evidence.

The revoking of the suppression order came after a legal change from 2019 that scrapped automatic anonymity for alleged sex offenders.  

***
Read more at DailyMail.co.uk