News, Culture & Society

ALDI Power Force Mould Away: ALDI bathroom cleaner is praised, but others believe it is toxic

Mum sparks heated debate among home cleaners with her shower grout transformation using a $2 budget buy

  • An Aussie mum raved about a ‘miracle-working’ ALDI bathroom cleaner online
  • However other mum’s have slammed the product for causing side effects
  • Some call it ‘gold’ but others say it causes nose-bleeds, throat and chest pains
  • People have advised using the product with precautions like face masks and fans

A mother has sparked a heated debate after revealing the budget Aldi product she used to restore her filthy shower grout – no scrubbing required.

The Australian woman, Leah, posted on Facebook, where she said she used the ‘miracle worker’ Power Force Mould Away, $2.59, from Aldi.

But while many said they couldn’t wait to buy the item, not everyone was on board with it, with some describing the cleaning agent as ‘toxic’ and ‘too potent’.

A mother has sparked a heated debate after revealing the budget Aldi product she used to restore her filthy shower grout – no scrubbing required (the product pictured)

The woman uploaded her post raving about the product to popular Facebook group Aldi Mums.

‘Yes I have literally left it to this state. Don’t judge me. I really hate cleaning showers so I will leave it till I hate myself,’ she said.

‘So many products that everyone swears by would include me scrubbing it. Be it vinegar with bicarbonate soda, KOH cleaning, and all that recommended stuff.’

She continued: ‘But darn, this Aldi Mould Away spray – you just spray, leave it on for 30 minutes, no scrubbing and rinse it off. I have white showers now!’

‘This is really no advertising. This is my happy life!’

Poll

Would you try this product?

  • Definitely! 0 votes
  • No way! 1 votes

It wasn’t long before the product sparked a heated debate.

While some mums said they love the product and described it as ‘gold’ and ‘cheap as chips’, others said they wouldn’t rely on it.

One cleaner wrote: ‘I just saw this post but wanted to add a warning to it. 

‘I used this last week and I have damaged my throat from the fumes.

‘It has burnt my throat and it doesn’t feel great at all. I sprayed it and left it then came back to wash it off and that’s when the fumes got into my throat.’ 

One mum posted her shower transformation after using the product

It removed the yellow stains (left) and left it sparkling white (right)

One mum posted her shower transformation after using the product. It removed the yellow stains (left) and left it sparkling white (right)

She added: ‘So just be careful and take precautions when using it, it does work well, but it’s extremely potent.’

The woman explained that she kept the fan on and windows and door open and she still experienced the reaction. 

Many mums were quick to share their similar experience with the product.

‘Don’t mix with any other products,’ one mum warned.

‘I use BAM for my glass and this for my tiles, they mixed on the base and it was deadly. My chest was sore for days.’

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Aldi for comment. 

Less toxic cleaning supplies alternatives

* Ajax Spray n’ Wipe -> Morning Fresh washing up liquid mixed with water

* Windex -> Morning Fresh washing up liquid mixed with water

* Easy Off Soap Scum spray -> Bar Keepers Friend

* White King Two-in-One Mould and Soap Scum Spray -> Selleys Rapid Mould Killer 

One of the products the 22-year-old business owner said she wouldn't use is Ajax spray n' wipe

Instead the cleaner would swap it out for a home-made solution of dishwashing liquid and water in a spray bottle

One of the products the 22-year-old business owner said she wouldn’t use is Ajax spray n’ wipe. Instead the cleaner would swap it out for a home-made solution of dishwashing liquid and water in a spray bottle

(Source: Spot On Cleaning Sydney) 

One mum said she has negative reactions but cannot find a better product.

‘Love this stuff but I swear I get nose bleeds from the fumes. I have to leave the window open and the fan on.. but it works like nothing else.’

However others advised that these reactions are common and preventable if proper precaution is taken.

Many recommended that if you use it, you put the exhaust fan on, open the windows and leave it for a few hours to ‘work its magic’ before you come back and remove it. 

‘I use this almost every day, I’m a house cleaner, and have never had a problem,’ one person wrote.

***
Read more at DailyMail.co.uk