- Altar boy Augusto Dalmaz Bonato died after being electrocuted at home
- The 10-year-old was putting up Christmas decorations
- He tragically died in the ICU after he was rushed to hospital
A 10-year-old altar boy was killed after he was electrocuted while putting up Christmas lights in his family’s home.
Augusto Dalmaz Bonato was found lying unconscious in a room in his home near Campo Largo, southwest of Sao Paulo, Brazil, by his horrified dad.
His parents called the emergency services, and paramedics quickly arrived at the house.
They gave the boy first aid and took him to a hospital, but he tragically died in the ICU early on Saturday.
His devastated sister, Carolina Dalmaz tried to revive Augusto as the family waited for help to arrive.
Augusto Dalmaz Bonato (pictured) was an altar boy and was ‘very religious’, according to his uncle
The young boy tragically died after he was electrocuted while putting up Christmas lights
She told local media: ‘I tried to revive him.
‘I did everything I could. In my profession, I have saved many people, and I thought I could save him too.
‘It was such a silly thing. He was so happy about putting up the Christmas decorations; no one could have ever imagined what happened.’
Augusto was an altar boy at his local church and was ‘very religious’, according to his uncle, Hebert Bonato.
Hebert added: ‘He liked this time of year very much, he liked to spread the Christmas spirit to others.’
One relative said of Augusto: ‘He liked this time of year very much, he liked to spread the Christmas spirit to others’
The family had just lost Augusto’s grandfather two weeks before
The young boy was laid to rest in Campo Largo yesterday.
His mum wrote on social media: ‘My boy has left us. My heart is torn with such pain. No words can express this much grief.
‘Go your way with God, my son. A boy who only brought joy and unforgettable moments. I will love you forever.’
Augusto’s death comes after another family tragedy.
His grieving uncle told local media: ‘A fortnight ago, we lost my father, and now this blow.
‘He received a massive shock. It wasn’t a simple Christmas lights shock.
‘I don’t know if they were grounded to the earth.’