Anthony Joshua admits he wants to face Deontay Wilder next as he turns attention to April bout at Wembley after knocking out Alexander Povetkin
- REPORT: Anthony Joshua EMPHATICALLY knocks out Alexander Povetkin
- Undefeated champion Joshua admits he wants to face Deontay Wilder next
- The pair were in negotiations in recent months but failed to agree to a bout
- Wilder faces Tyson Fury on December 1 as Joshua’s next fight is on April 13
- Dillain Whyte looks like the back-up option for the champion if Wilder is not on
Undefeated heavyweight champion of the world Anthony Joshua wants to face American Deontay Wilder in his next Wembley showpiece.
Joshua put on a dazzling performance on Saturday night as he emphatically knocked out mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin in round seven.
And as he was handed a microphone for a post-fight interview, Joshua revealed his number one target for his next fight – April 13 at Wembley – is Wilder, the man who has so far evaded his clutches.
Anthony Joshua says his first choice opponent for his next fight is American Deontay Wilder
The undefeated heavyweight champion of the year dazzled with a knockout win on Saturday
Wilder is a big-talking rival in the heavyweight division and is the fight the fans are after
‘I’m not in the blame game,’ Joshua said when asked why previous negotiations with Wilder collapsed. ‘We both did a lot of talking, I’m here now, I found my right hand and I’m lining up for April 13.
‘I’m not too fussed who wins (between Wilder and Tyson Fury on December 1). Good luck to both of them and may the champion bring themselves to the UK and we will have a good dust up.
‘Wilder is my number one choice but I am done talking now.’