In vitro fertilization (IVF) can be a stressful experience, not only physically but also emotionally. While you know that an Auchenflower IVF treatment will be undergone with the help and guidance of professionals, you would still feel anxious thinking about what comes next. After all, uncertainty is one of the leading triggers of anxiety.
Nonetheless, there are steps that you can take to prepare yourself for the treatment and maximize your chances of a successful pregnancy.
What to Do Before and During an IVF Treatment
For anyone who is about to undergo an IVF treatment, experts recommend taking care of your body. These include:
- Observing a balanced diet and maintaining a healthy weight – It is important to eat healthy balanced meals, but it is not recommended to make significant dietary changes, like going gluten-free.
- Taking prenatal vitamins – This is needed to be done during your IVF Brisbane treatment to help prevent fetal defects.
- Avoiding unhealthy lifestyle habits – Taking recreational drugs, smoking, and binge drinking will increase the risk of having an unhealthy or unsuccessful pregnancy.
- Reducing or eliminating caffeine intake – According to research, drinking too much coffee will lower your chances of conceiving a baby through IVF.
- Avoiding travel to countries that might put you at risk of getting infectious diseases – An IVF treatment should not hinder you from enjoying life through travel, but you should make sure you are not going to a destination where you might get an infectious disease. While you can get some vaccinations, some vaccines are also not recommended for those who are undergoing a fertility treatment cycle.
How to Manage Stress Before and During the Treatment
Aside from making sure you are physically fit for an Auchenflower IVF treatment, there are also steps that you can take to make yourself mentally prepared for the procedure. Here is how you can decrease your stress and anxiety levels before and during the treatment.
Join a support group.
Joining an infertility support group can be a good outlet to manage stress brought about by fertility treatments. You will have a circle of similar individuals who will listen to you and share their opinions with you.
Consider holistic therapies.
Not only that yoga and acupuncture help reduce stress, but these therapies also help maximize the results of a Brisbane IVF treatment.
While studies do not show a direct link between yoga and fertility, they have found out that such a practice does offer benefits to females who are trying to conceive. These benefits include:
- Reduced discomfort experienced during IVF cycles
- Increased blood flow to the female reproductive organ
- Hormonal balance
- Better endocrine function
- Muscle strengthening
- Decreased tension in the pelvic area
- Ability to relax
- Overall toning
As for acupuncture, studies also show that it also improves a woman’s chances of getting pregnant when done prior to and after embryo transfer during IVF treatment.
Educate yourself on the treatment.
As previously implied, uncertainty will cause anxiety. Perhaps, you are worried about the potential side-effects of the treatment. To remove these ill feelings, you should educate yourself about it.
For example, you can watch some IVF journey videos to help yourself understand the various steps that come with the treatment. You should also learn about other important information, such as Monash IVF costs, types of treatment, treatment cycles, success rates, and risks.
Only Place Yourself Under the Care of a Specialist
The best way to get that peace of mind that the treatment will be done safely and effectively—and the risks are reduced—you should only seek a specialist to administer the procedure. With an Auchenflower IVF treatment specialist, you know you are in good hands. You know you will be provided with the utmost care.