1. President Trump’s response to a dig from North Korean leader Kim Jong-un was both his most liked and most retweeted tweet this year.
2. In July, President Trump tweeted an old clip from his WWE days, that had been edited to show a ‘CNN’ as his ‘victim’. This was just days after three CNN journalists resigned in the wake of a Russia report that had to be retracted.
3. Barack Obama’s most liked tweet was in response to the Charlottesville white supremacist protests. President Trump weighed in on the clashes himself, but got more than four million less likes. Still, it was his third most liked tweet of the year.
4. President Trump’s reaction to the deadly Las Vegas shooting in October was his fourth most liked tweet of the year. Fifty-eight people were killed and hundreds injured when gunman Stephen Paddock opened fire on a music festival off the Las Vegas strip, before committing suicide.
5. Filling out the top 5 most liked Trump tweets of 2017 is this post from Inauguration day, showing the newly sworn-in president dancing with his first lady, Melania, at a ball in Washington, DC.
1. President Trump’s July tweet bashing CNN was his most retweeted tweet of the year. But at the rate the president tweets, it might not hold that position by New Year’s Eve.
2. Many have bashed the president for responding to criticisms from Kim Jong-un, and for escalating tensions between the U.S. and the hermit country.
3. In May, President Trump made a typo in one of his early morning tweets blasting the press. He later deleted the infamous ‘covfefe’ tweet, but not before it could be retweeted more than 127,000 times.
4 and 5. Filling out the bottom of the top 5 most retweeted Trump tweets of 2017 is a series he wrote about the mass arrests of Saudi princes last month. President Trump’s tweet saying he had ‘great confidence’ in King Salman was his fifth most retweeted tweet of the year. The followup tweet, saying that the arrested princes had been ‘milking’ their country was the fourth most retweeted of his tweets in the last 12 months.