Bison knocks a woman unconscious, drags her across a road and rips her pants off after she woke it up when she got too close to take photos
- An Iowa biker got off her motorcycle and approached a buffalo calf
- The adult bison then came charging after her and threw her to the ground
- The 54-year-old woman’s pants ended up coming off during the attack
- She ended up having to be airlifted to hospital to be treated for serious injuries
- Incident was captured on video happened in Custer State Park in South Dakota
- Visitors are advised to stay in their vehicles and keep a safe distance from bison
A motorbike passenger was charged at by an adult bison after she tried approaching a calf to take close-up photos.
Before she reached the calf, the bison charged at her knocking her to the ground.
It happened in Custer State Park in South Dakota on Wednesday.
The 54-year-old woman from Iowa was approaching the young bison when the adult charged at her catching her belt and jeans around its horn in the process.
An Iowa biker got off her motorcycle and approached a buffalo calf
The adult bison then came charging after her and threw her to the ground
The animal was then able to run off with her jeans but in the process knocked her unconscious.
The woman was flung around like a rag doll before finally hitting the ground, after which point the bison returned to its herd.
The woman ended up having to be air lifted to hospital and is said to have suffered serious injuries but is expected to make a full recovery, according to KELO.
The incident occurred while thousands of motorcyclists are in the Black Hills in the western park of the state for the 2020 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
The woman’s pants ended up coming off during the attack
She ended up having to be airlifted to hospital to be treated for serious injuries
The Custer County Sheriff, Marty Mechaley, warned visitors to keep their distance from bison in the park.
‘We would like to remind everyone to not pet the fluffy cows – also known as Bison/Buffalo. We have had calls about the fluffy cows blocking the road occasionally – some people are also getting too close.
‘Remember this is their park and we are the guests….please give them a break and keep your distance.