When starting a food business in Brisbane, one of the most important steps that you should take is to furnish your kitchen with new equipment. It cannot be stressed enough how the appropriate pieces of Brisbane commercial kitchen equipment can help you prepare the best food items and meals in the least possible time. After all, fast turnarounds of orders make a good impression on guests and attract more patrons to your establishment.
Which Equipment Should You Have in Your Commercial Kitchen
Depending on the type of food establishment you have, whether it is a restaurant, bakery, catering service, meal delivery, etc., you would need a certain set of kitchen equipment to prepare the food items you offer. These are the major pieces of apparatus and gadgets that most food businesses cannot do without.
- Gas range – This allows you to perform a lot of cooking tasks, such as boiling, steaming, simmering, frying, grilling, and sautéing.
- Oven – A commercial oven is a versatile piece of kitchen equipment that also serves a lot of functions. For example, you can use it for braising, roasting, and baking.
- Deep fryer – While this equipment is primarily used for cooking French fries and buttered chicken, it can still be used efficiently for frying a variety of foods.
- Fridge and freezer – These are important in keeping meat, food ingredients, and beverages fresh.
- Ice machine – This is essential when you have cocktails, smoothies, and shakes on your menu.
- Holding equipment – This type of cabinet holds your food items at specific temperatures and keeps their quality until they are ready to serve.
- Microwave and warmer – These pieces of equipment are needed in warming food before it is served or heating up or defrosting frozen ingredients before they are used for cooking. One good example is a commercial pie warmer.
Aside from these pieces of equipment, there might be additional products that your business would require. For example, you might need some storage equipment, small wares, food preparation tools, and cleaning supplies.
So, before you get started, do your research first on what particular supplies your business needs, and everything will go without a hitch later on.
Important Factors to Consider When Buying Commercial Kitchen Equipment
Purchasing Brisbane commercial kitchen equipment is one of the biggest investments you have to make in starting your food business. So, you should do your due diligence in making the right choices. Aside from quality and price, here are three other important factors to consider when choosing these products and save money in the long run.
Efficiency: Before you buy any piece of kitchen equipment, make sure to plan out what you really need. You can do this by looking at your menu and determining what devices, apparatus, or appliances are essential to prepare food.
Also, purchase equipment that is of the right size to accommodate the output that you expect. One that is too large will just waste energy, while one that is too small will just cause frustration among your kitchen staff.
Cost of Ownership: Kitchen equipment, such as those which consume electricity like commercial convection ovens, will surely entail a cost of ownership over its life. You can conduct a cost analysis of each product on the market today and decide on the best one for your business in the long run.
Warranty: Like with other products on the market today, it is always wise to check the warranty of any kitchen equipment. This lets you know which is covered in case there is a problem with the functionality of the item that you bought.
Warranties could also come with maintenance agreements with the supplier, which can save you a lot of money from costly repairs due to unexpected equipment failure.
Where to Buy Your Commercial Kitchen Equipment and Supplies
Regardless of what is on your kitchen equipment list, it is very important to purchase them from a company that specialises in commercial kitchen supplies. Your supplier should already have a solid reputation for providing quality products. They should have positive reviews from restaurateurs, hoteliers, and chefs that are also based in Brisbane.
Apart from that, they should also be able to customise their products to suit your specific requirements. And again, they should be able to offer you a good warranty service.
Have you heard of the adage, “you should get the right tools for the job”? How about the one that says “you are only as good as your tools”? Well, all these are true when it comes to running a business.
In your case, it is important to have the right Brisbane commercial kitchen equipment. In a way, it helps ensure success in preparing and serving high-quality foods, with minimal frustration. Remember—traditional home-cooking equipment will not help, especially when you are accepting large orders. This is why you should only have pieces of equipment that are specialised for food businesses.
For more interesting tips and information that you can use for starting and growing a business, check out our other articles!