A decorated Iraq War veteran has accused Prince Harry of ‘trying to bring down the Monarchy’ with his explosive Netflix docu-series.
Former Army Staff Sergeant Trevor Coult, who won the Military Cross in Iraq in 2006, claimed the Duke of Sussex, who resides in Montecito, California, was ‘absolutely appalling’ for criticising the royal family in the show, the last three episodes of which were released on the streaming platform on Thursday.
The war hero claimed that the series and Prince Harry’s attitude towards the King and other members of the royal family was ‘damaging’ the morale of British troops fighting for the country, The Daily Express reported.
It comes as a source has said the Sussexes want to ‘sit down with Royal Family’ before next May.
Former Army Staff Sergeant Trevor Coult, who won the Military Cross in Iraq in 2006, claimed the Duke of Sussex, who resides in Montecito, California, was ‘absolutely appalling’ for criticising the royal family in his Netflix docuseries, pictured
Coult, 47, who served five tours in Iraq and Afghanistan with the Royal Irish Regiment, said: ‘I find it absolutely appalling that Harry and Meghan spend every living moment trying to bring down the monarchy.’
The decorated veteran, who watched his friends die on the field and was discharged for PTSD, said that soldiers understand ‘what duty to the Crown meant’ and that the Duke of Sussex should think about how the comments he makes about his family could affect the morale of the soldiers fighting for the Monarchy.
He added that some soldiers might question if their sacrifice for King and country is worth it due to Prince Harry’s comments.
Prince Harry served two tours in Afghanistan and rose to the rank of captain in the Household Cavalry’s Blues and Royals for his service in the Army from 2005 to 2015.
The war hero claimed that the series and Prince Harry’s attitude towards the King and other members of the royal family was ‘damaging’ the morale of British troops fighting for the country, The Daily Express reported
Harry and Meghan ‘want their own apology’ after Lady Susan Hussey met with black charity boss Ngozi Fulani for ‘reconciliation’ talks at Buckingham Palace this week, it has emerged
Harry and Meghan ‘want their own apology’ after Lady Susan Hussey met with black charity boss Ngozi Fulani for ‘reconciliation’ talks at Buckingham Palace this week, it has emerged.
The 83-year-old, who served the late Queen for six decades, stepped down from her honorary role ‘with immediate effect’ amid a furious outcry after Miss Fulani tweeted how she repeatedly asked her ‘where do you really come from?’ at a royal reception last month.
The scandal prompted an intervention from Prince William, with his office criticising his godmother’s ‘unacceptable comments’ and saying ‘racism has no place in our society’.
Lady Susan apologised in person to Miss Fulani on Thursday, which she accepted before an agreed statement said both wanted to ‘rebuild their lives in peace’ following the ‘distressing’ ordeal.
But it seems the saga has left Harry and Meghan miffed, as the Sussexes are now reportedly demanding a ‘sit down with the royal family’ to address their own ‘issues’ – many of which were aired in their six-part bombshell Netflix documentary this week, seen by many as an unprecedented attack on the Firm.
Sources told the Sunday Times that they feel the Royal Family has double standards by publicly apologising to Miss Fulani and not to them.
One told the paper: ‘Nothing like that was ever done when Harry and Meghan raised various concerns — no meeting, formal apology or taking responsibility or accountability. That is hard to swallow — 100 per cent yes they’d like to have a meeting.’
The Sussexes are said to be asking to meet before King Charles’ coronation in May, which they are set to attend.
A senior palace source added: ‘If they want to get in touch with the King, they know where he lives.’
It comes just weeks before the release of Harry’s tell-all autobiography Spare, which is expected to contain claims even more incendiary than those in the Netflix documentary.
In the Netflix docuseries the Duke and Duchess of Sussex claimed the institution ‘blocked’ Harry from seeing his grandmother, the Queen, after they decided to step back as senior royals.
Harry also said it was ‘heartbreaking’ to see his brother’s communications office ‘copy’ the behaviour of their father’s by ‘trading’ stories with the press.
But according to friends, the Prince of Wales will be a hard sell, with one saying things between him and his brother have been ‘very strained for a while’, while another added: ‘There is sadness at where things currently are with his brother… and there’s a memoir coming.’
William attends Gloucestershire wedding of former girlfriend Rose Farquhar for an evening of fun with friends after a week of painful bullying and lying claims by Harry and Meghan in Netflix documentary
King Charles’s first Christmas broadcast must reassure us… and his own fractured family with a quiet message of unity, writes royal biographer HUGO VICKERS
Brace for more truth bombs! Prince Harry is set for fresh media blitz in America to promote his ‘Spare’ memoir after THAT Oprah interview and explosive Netflix series