Otherwise known as D-bol or Methandrostenolone, Dianabol is arguably the most popular anabolic androgenic steroid ever made.
The reason behind the widespread popularity of Dianabol is simply because it was the first-ever oral anabolic steroid.
Prior to its invention, findings reveal athletes and body fitness enthusiasts relied on injections for their use of anabolic steroids. However, as you can tell, injections can be very painful. The desire to find a better and less painful way of ingesting anabolic steroids prompted John Bosley Ziegler who later invented Dianabol.
John Bosley Ziegler developed Dianabol for medical use, however like other steroids before it, Dianabol ended up being popular in the sports and bodybuilding circle.
Dianabol produces a variety of bodybuilding results, making it a great choice for different cycles. That said, most people use it in bulking cycles.
Bulking is a term common in the bodybuilding circle, It simply means the progressive increase in the intake of calories that goes beyond your body needs to be coupled with resistance training to gain more weight and build more muscle mass.
There are however two types of bulking, there is clean bulk and dirty bulk. In this article, I will talk extensively about the dirty bulk.
Clean bulking is a nutrition pattern where you consume controlled calories surplus in your bid to build stronger bones and more muscle mass while avoiding the usual excess fat gains. Clean bulking is mostly preferred by athletes or body fitness enthusiasts who can’t risk the accumulation of too much fat while growing their muscle mass.
Dirty bulking on the other hand simply means the consumption of a lot of extra calories from high-calorie foods, including junk foods, to promote quick weight gain.
With dirty bulking you can eat any junk so far it contributes to the end goal— it helps to increase weight. This practise is however complemented with resistance training.
Are there any upsides to dirty bulking? Find out in the next section.
What are the benefits of dirty bulking?
- Are you struggling to gain weight? Dirty bulk might just be the one for you. Many people struggling with gaining weight can add more weight by merely implementing dirty bulking as it promotes a significant calorie surplus and thus leads to weight gain.
- Useful for athletes who are training for a specific contest or competition. A dirty bulk may be beneficial for those who have a competition coming soon, as it can give faster results than other conservative weight gain programs.
- Improved muscle mass and overall strength: Programmed weight gain is usually employed to promote muscle and strength gains in strength, physique, and some team sports.
The possible adverse effects are…
- May promote unwanted fat gain: Given that calorie intake is not usually tracked on a dirty bulk, it’s easy to achieve a calorie surplus, which undoubtedly leads to weight gain.
- Can affect blood values.
- Consuming all foods in an uncontrolled manner opens you to being addicted to unhealthy eating habits which in some cases can lead to depression as a result of eating a certain food.