Do you know this man? Elderly couple are ‘carjacked’ after they gave a lift to a man who helped them with their groceries – as police release images of a man they wish to speak to
- A manhunt is underway as police search for a man who carjacked elderly couple
- Police said the man helped the pair with groceries before asking them for a lift
- The incident occurred in a shopping centre in Casula, Sydney’s west on Tuesday
- A 81-year-old woman driving the Nissan Micra allegedly saw him steal her phone
- He was asked to leave before he allegedly assaulted her, taking off with the car
- The man then allegedly pushed the 90-year-old man out who was still in the car
- CCTV images were released of a man officers want to help with an investigation
Police are searching for a man who allegedly helped an elderly couple with their groceries then asked for a lift before carjacking them.
CCTV images have been released in a bid to identify a man police say may be able to assist them with their investigation.
The alleged incident happened about 12pm on Tuesday at a shopping centre in Casula, in Sydney’s west.
Police said the 81-year-old woman driving the gold Nissan Micra noticed the man allegedly steal her phone from her handbag.
CCTV images (pictured, left and right) have been released in a bid to identify a man police say may be able to assist them with their investigation
She then pulled over on Kurrajong Rd in Casula and asked him to leave.
He exited the car but then allegedly assaulted the woman and sat in the driver’s seat, driving away with the 90-year-old man still in the car.
A short time later, he allegedly assaulted the elderly man and pushed him out of the car on Grimson Rd in Liverpool, then drove away again.
NSW Ambulance paramedics treated the 90-year-old man for facial injuries.
He was taken to Liverpool Hospital in a stable condition.
The man is described as being of caucasian appearance, aged about 50 to 55, of average build, with short dark hair and light stubble (pictured)
The man is described as being of caucasian appearance, aged about 50 to 55, of average build, with short dark hair and light stubble.
He was wearing a black, long sleeve jacket, grey tracksuit pants, black slides and a black cap.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers.