Ex-NFL player Sergio Brown ‘taken into custody in connection with the death of his mother’ after her body was found dumped in a creek behind her house – and he posted several erratic videos on social media from Mexico

NFL player Sergio Brown has been taken into custody in connection with the death of his mother, according to CNN. 

Brown’s mother Myrtle, 73, was beaten to death and dumped in a creek behind their house in Maywood, Illinois and her body was found September 16. Brown was reported missing alongside her by his concerned brother Nick.

It emerged the 35-year-old Brown had traveled to Mexico, where he posted a number of erratic videos to social media. According to CNN, Brown was deported on Tuesday before being taken into custody. 

Despite the family tragedy and ongoing police investigation, Sergio was spotted living it up at a Tulum beach club, dancing shirtless with scantily-clad women. 

In one social media video, Brown said he thought his mom had gone on vacation.

In the clip, in which he tagged ESPN, Brown says: ‘Fake news. It has to be the FBI, they came into my house…unwarranted.

‘They kidnapped me twice from home, the Maywood Police Department. It had to be the FBI or the Maywood Police. I thought my momma was on vacation.’

Finishing off the incoherent ramble, Brown adds: ‘That’s f***ing fake news. Get the f*** out my god damn face.

‘FBI had to do it, they got the power to do some s**t . What the f**k is going on, that is fake news. Don’t come f***ing with me.’ 

He was also photographed relaxing in a booth with a bottle of tequila propped up in front of him. 

He was last seen with his mom on August 25 as they left their home to go to a family reunion in Mississippi that they never showed up to.

After an examination of the body on Sunday, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled her death a homicide after concluding she suffered assault-related injuries.

Myrtle Brown’s sister, Sheila Simmons, told WGN the last time she spoke to her sister was on Thursday, September 14.

It wasn’t until around 3am Saturday morning that Simmons received the call her sister and nephew were missing.

Simmons soon showed up at the house the two shared together and felt that things were ‘out of the ordinary’.

She told WGN: ‘We’re going to find out what happened because it’s not normal for my sister to not answer her phone, not to respond to text messages.

‘People have been reaching out to her since Friday. No one was able to reach her.

‘Now, I got the call this morning saying that she’s missing, so immediately I came out here and find out my sister is dead.’

Brown played seven seasons in the NFL after being signed by the New England Patriots in 2010. He also played for the Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars and Buffalo Bills. He retired in 2016.


Read more at DailyMail.co.uk