New York City is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. The heart of the East Coast of the United States, this bustling and dynamic city is home to world-renowned art galleries, top-brand boutiques, and must-see theater shows.
New York has a large number of attractions and many different museums. All tourists must visit Times Square in downtown Manhattan and the huge Central Park, where residents and visitors of the city love to spend their free time when the weather is good in New York.
It is worth living in New York for at least a week in order to get to know it better and feel its spirit.
Of course, it would be better to live in New York for a month or two so that you can leisurely walk around the city and, in addition to sightseeing, visiting cafes and restaurants, carefully observing the life of the metropolis, and noticing all the details.
If you are planning your trip to a city that never sleeps, but you want to immerse yourself in it and explore its lesser-known side, discover with us this list of the most original activities and what to do in New York.
You will get to know the Big Apple in a different way, unlike any traditional route, visiting places you have never heard of before. Come with us to find out what awaits you in this infinite city that will surely not leave you indifferent!
Here are the first things to do in New York:
- Visit downtown Manhattan at Times Square and 5th Avenue
- See Madison Square Garden, the Chrysler Building, and the UN headquarters building
- Photograph the Iron Skyscraper and St. Patrick’s Cathedral
- Climb the Empire State Building
- Stroll through New York’s Central Park, go boating, and go to Strawberry Fields
- Buy tickets and watch one of the musicals running in theaters on Broadway
- Go to the main square of Manhattan – Union Square
- Go to Grand Central Station in New York – Grand Central and the New York Library
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and take a photo of the Statue of Liberty
- Visit Wall Street and take pictures with the famous Charging Bull
- Visit Ground Zero – National 9/11 Memorial and Museum at the site of the World Trade Center
- Go to a New York Yankees game at Yankee Stadium in the South Bronx
- Eat in New York’s Chinatown
- Walk the streets of Soho and Greenwich Village
- Tour the Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- Stroll through High Line Park
- Go shopping along the outlet route
New York is much more than the Empire State, Fifth Avenue, and Central Park. The city is full of unique corners that will leave you speechless. Discover the best offers to visit New York City. Do you dare to discover everything that this movie city has to offer?
Use online directories and city guides to plan your trip
If you’re planning a trip, PlacesGuru can be a useful resource to help you plan your itinerary. PlacesGuru provides useful tourist information and reviews on attractions, restaurants, and accommodations around the world.
PlacesGuru can help you find the best restaurants and cafes. With PlacesGuru you can also search for hotels and hostels. Filter results by price range, location, and amenities. Find the perfect place to stay and eat that fits your budget and preferences.
PlacesGuru is a great website for travelers. With PlacesGuru, you can plan a customized itinerary that allows you to see and do everything you want, while also discovering new and unexpected experiences along the way.