‘Fantasist’ known as Nick claimed he’d been threatened by ‘Arab men in a Range Rover’ after police dropped VIP paedophile ring probe, court hears
- Carl Beech, 51, claimed he was victim to group of high profile paedophile ring
- He triggered £2million police probe but it was dropped due to lack of evidence
- Ex-nurse told officers he was cornered by men month after probe dropped
- Beech, of Gloucester, is accused of 12 counts of perverting course of justice
Carl Beech, 51, of Gloucester, is pictured outside Worcester Crown Court at an earlier hearing
The ex-nurse accused of inventing a VIP paedophile ring that triggered a £2million police probe told detectives he was threatened a month after it was dropped, a court heard.
Carl Beech, 51, of Gloucester, claimed he was cornered by two black Range Rovers on a narrow road before ‘more than one Arab male’ threatened him.
He made the claim to Metropolitan Police Detective Constable Derek Young in April 2016 – one month after the force’s investigation into the Westminster paedophile ring was dropped due to a lack of evidence.
The father-of-one had previously told police Saudi diplomats were among ‘The Group’ of high profile politicians and foreign family members who abused him and other young boys as a child in the 1970s and 80s.
Beech is also alleged to have made up claims The Group was responsible for the murders of three children.
The former nurse, known as ‘Nick’, denies 12 counts of perverting the course of justice and another of fraud.
Today Newcastle Crown Court heard DC Young told him about an alleged incident as they drove home from a counselling session.
Beech told DC Young he was ‘blocked on a narrow road by two black Range Rovers and, as he said, ‘more than one’ Arab male verbally threatened him’, the court heard.
He would not provide further details and did not formally report the incident to the police, the detective confirmed in court today.
Beech did name politicians including Sir Edward Heath, Army top brass, security chiefs and others as being involved in a group who sadistically sexually abused boys across southern England decades ago.
The father-of-one (pictured during a 2014 police interview) told police Saudi diplomats were among ‘The Group’ of high profile politicians and foreign family members who abused him and other young boys as a child in the 1970s and 80s
Beech told DC Young the only other person he had told about the Range Rover incident was Mark Conrad, a journalist with an online news agency.
He had been told the month before that the £2million Operation Midland into his allegations was going to come to an end because his identification of suspects was insufficient without corroborative evidence.
The court heard Beech expressed ‘disappointment at the news’.
Former Conservative MP Harvey Proctor, whom Beech accused of murder, will give evidence on Thursday and possibly Friday
The jury was previously told about Beech having a Facebook conversation about Culture Club’s video for the song Do You Really Want To Hurt Me, which he said was filmed at Dolphin Square, London – said by him to be a location of the sexual abuse when he was a child.
Detective Constable Marc Pirnie showed the jury a screen grab from the video, featuring a swimming pool scene, with the on-screen caption ‘Dolphin Square Health Club 1957’.
The detective also showed them a series of sketches Beech produced for the police of locations where he said abuse took place, as well as photos of those places downloaded from Google.
The jury was told former Conservative MP Harvey Proctor, whom Beech accused of murder, will give evidence on Thursday and possibly Friday.
They have been told retired general Sir Hugh Beach – also accused by the defendant of being part of the powerful ring – could give evidence next week, with the prosecution closing its case on Wednesday or Thursday.
The court was today shown a series of sketches Beech produced of locations where he said the abuse took place, as well as photos of those places downloaded from Google
When Operation Midland yielded no prosecutions, Beech was no further action was to be taken from any of his accusations and Northumbria Police launched an investigation into his claims.
The court heard the Northumbria force concluded, after a year-long probe, that the allegations made by Beech were ‘probably false’ and in November 2016 a team of officers arrived unannounced at his three-bed home in Gloucester, where he had a £34,000 Ford Mustang convertible parked outside.
Beech made no response when quizzed about his claims against the public figures being false.
He then fled to Sweden before he was extradited back to the UK when a European arrest warrant was issued. The trial continues.
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.