The best rated brands revealed: Shoppers vote for their favourite products – including Aldi’s $69.99 slow cooker and a Dyson vacuum
- Finder has revealed the most popular brands on the market as voted by shoppers
- The 69 categories include home appliances, electronics, health and beauty
- Australians were asked to rate the products based on value, quality and safety
- The Finder Retail Awards sifted through purchases made in the past 24 months
- Shoppers can’t get enough of Dyson, Aldi’s slow cooker and Tefal air fryer
Finder has revealed the most popular brands on the market as voted by shoppers – including home appliances, white goods, electronics, health and beauty.
Australians were asked to rate the everyday products based on value, quality, safety and whether they’d recommend the brand to others.
The Finder Retail Awards highlighted 69 categories after sifting through more than 34,000 reviews from 4,000 customers on purchases made in the past 24 months.
And it seems shoppers can’t get enough of Dyson stick vacuum cleaners, Aldi’s slow cookers, Tefal air fryers, Apple laptops and computers and ghd hair straighteners.
When it comes to laptops and computers, shoppers loved Apple range, according to Finder
ghd has been voted as the best hair straightener brand on the market, while Oral-B topped the list for the best rated electric toothbrush brand
From small kitchen appliances to big-ticket electronics, these are the brands that have come out on top to become the most loved products.
Samsung took out the television, microwave and top-mounted fridge categories, while Fisher & Paykel was favoured for its dryer and top-loading washing machine.
Other popular brands to make the list multiple times included Breville, Philips, and KitchenAid.
While many big brands such as Apple, Dyson and DeLonghi took out the lead in its categories, discount retailer Aldi has been awarded for selling the best slow cooker on the market, with prices ranging from $69.99.
While many big brands such as Apple, Dyson and DeLonghi took out the lead in its categories, discount retailer Aldi has been awarded for selling the best slow cooker on the market
Shoppers can’t get enough of Dyson stick vacuums (left) and Nutri Ninja blenders (right)
‘These are some of the most used items in a house, so you want to get it right the first time,’ Finder’s managing editor Kate Browne said.
‘Many product features are now industry standard, so we wanted to uncover which brands were going above and beyond.
‘Our awards are about the brands everyday Australians are using and recommending in their daily lives. We’re not reviewing them out of the box or in a lab, this is how these brands hold up in real life.’
Taking out the best fitness tracker category, Fitbit has been named the best on the market
Ms Browne said the awards were designed to help customers save time and get great value for money when shopping.
‘Finder is committed to helping millions of Australians make more informed decisions – whether it’s purchasing a TV or sourcing the best robot vacuum cleaner,’ she said.
‘We’ve done the legwork for you, so if you’re in the market for new home appliances or electronics, check out which brand won your category of interest,’ she said.
Home cooks voted Tefal for having the best air fryer (pictured one of its models) on the market
Finder teamed up with leading market research firm Roy Morgan to find the winners of every category.
With Christmas just weeks away, Ms Brown said now is the time to ahead of the sales.
‘Historically, November to January has been a great time to go shopping for bargains,’ she said.
‘From Black Friday through to the post-holiday period, retailers are launching huge sales over the next few months so don’t pay full price for anything.
‘Start your Christmas shopping list now by checking out all the winning brands and exclusive discount offers via Finder.
Revealed: The ‘best rated’ brands in the Finder Retail Awards 2019
- Air Fryer: Tefal
- Baby Car Seat: Britax Safe n Sound
- Baby Carrier: Ergobaby
- Baby Carrier: Ergobaby
- Baby Monitor: VTech
- Baby Stroller & Pram: UPPAbaby
- Backpack: Osprey
- Barrel Vacuum Cleaner: Miele
- Beard Trimmer: Philips
- Bicycle: Trek
- Blender: Nutri Ninja
- Blu-ray & DVD player: Panasonic
- Bluetooth Speaker: Ultimate Ears
- Bottom-Mount Fridge: LG
- Capsule Coffee Machine: Breville
- Car Tyre: Continental Tyres
- Clothes Dryer: Fisher & Paykel
- Coffee Roasters & Grinder: Breville
- Cordless Drill: AEG
- Dash Cam: Garmin
- Desktop Computer: Apple
- Digital Camera: Olympus
- Dishwasher: Miele
- eBook Reader: Kobo
- Electric BBQ: George Foreman
- Electric Blanket: Breville
- Electric Heater: DeLonghi
- Electric Lawn Mower: RYOBI Electric
- Shaver: Braun
- Electric Toothbrush: Oral-B
- Fan: Lucci Air
- Fitness Tracker: Fitbit
- Food Mixer: KitchenAid
- French Door Fridge: Hisense
- Front-Loading Washing Machine: Bosch
- Gardening Tool: Spear & Jackson Gas
- BBQ: Weber
- Gas Heater: Rinnai
- Hair Dryer: VS Sassoon
- Hair Straightener: ghd
- Headphone: Audio Technica
- Hot Water System: AquaMAX
- Iron: Russell Hobbs
- Juicer: Magimix
- Kettle: Westinghouse
- Laptop: Apple
- Linen & Bedding: Sheridan
- Manual Coffee Machine: Rocket Espresso
- Mattress: Original Mattress Factory
- Microwave: Samsung
- Mobile Phone: Huawei
- Multi-Cooker: Philips
- Oven: Belling
- Petrol Lawn Mower: Husqvarna
- Pillow: Dentons
- Portable Air Conditioner: DeLonghi
- Pressure Cooker: Sunbeam
- Printer: Brother
- Robot Vacuum Cleaner: Xiaomi
- Sandwich Maker: Breville
- Slow Cooker: Aldi
- Split System Air Conditioner: Fujitsu
- Stick Vacuum Cleaner: Dyson
- Suitcases & Luggage: Antler
- Tent: Coleman
- Toaster: KitchenAid
- Top-Loading Washing Machine: Fisher & Paykel
- Top Mount Fridge: Fisher & Paykel
- TV: Samsung
- Whipper Snipper: Husqvarna