Fish tacos with fried tomato salsa
This is my take on Mexican tacos. They’re only lightly spiced so perfect for kids, too.
MAKES 1 ADULT AND 1 CHILD PORTION
Top the warmed tortillas with the tomato salsa, avocado and shredded lettuce. Flake over the fish and roll up to serve
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp garlic granules
2 x 120g skinless, boneless cod fillets
2 tbsp olive oil
12 cherry tomatoes
½ red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small avocado, destoned
juice of ½ lime
4 small soft corn or flour tortillas, warmed
1 small baby gem lettuce, shredded
- Mix together the spices and garlic granules and use to coat the fish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat then add the fish and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small saucepan over a moderate heat and throw in the tomatoes. Cook for 4 minutes or until they begin to burst and start to break down.
- Stir in the onion and minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Mash the flesh from the avocado with the lime juice. Top the warmed tortillas with the tomato salsa, avocado and shredded lettuce. Flake over the fish and roll up to serve.