Girl, 14, dies when her phone explodes on her pillow after she went to sleep with it plugged into a charger in Kazakhstan
- Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek fell asleep with her phone plugged into a power socket
- The next morning she was found dead with an exploded battery by her head
- Forensic experts said the phone had overheated and exploded in the early hours
A schoolgirl died after her charging smartphone exploded on her pillow while she slept.
Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek, 14, went to bed listening to music at her village home in Bastobe, Kazakhstan.
The next morning she was found dead with the phone’s battery having exploded close to her head.
Her device had been plugged into a power socket, police said. She is believed to have suffered severe head injuries and died immediately.
Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek, pictured above (and with a friend, left), died after her charging smartphone exploded on her pillow while she slept
When devastated relatives called paramedics they could only confirm the fact of her death.
Forensic experts later confirmed that the mobile exploded in the early morning after overheating as it charged, according to local reports.
Her death was described as a ‘tragic accident’.
The brand of smartphone was not disclosed.
Alua’s distraught best friend Ayazhan Dolasheva, 15, posted: ‘I still cannot believe it.’
She wrote: ‘You were the best. We have been together since childhood. It is so hard for me without you. I miss you so much. You have left me forever.’
Alua Abzalbek, pictured above (left in right-hand image with best friend Ayazhan Dolasheva), had gone to bed listening to music in Kazakhstan
Alua Abzalbek, pictured with a friend, died when her phone overheated while charging, according to forensic experts