- Autumn Bartle’s parents came home Friday night to find her shot and stabbed
- The 14-year-old girl was rushed to hospital but died Monday
- When Bartle’s parents came home, they noticed 19-year-old nephew was missing
- The nephew – who has not been identified – was later found in a wooded area with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the throat
- He survived and was last reported in stable condition
- Police are still investigating what happened Friday night
A 14-year-old girl has died three days after being found shot and stabbed inside her Croydon, Pennsylvania home.
Autumn Bartle’s parents returned home around 6:30pm on Friday to find their daughter gravely wounded.
The teen was rushed to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children where she died on Monday.
Autumn Bartle, 14, died on Monday, three days after being found shot and stabbed multiple times in her Croydon, Pennsylvania home
When they got home, Autumn’s parents noticed that their 19-year-old nephew, who lives at the house, was missing.
Cops tracked down the teen to a wooded area in Bensalem, where he was suffering from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the neck.
The cousin – who has not been named – was rushed to Jefferon Hospital where he was last reported in stable condition.
Police continue to investigate what happened Friday night.
Autumn’s 19-year-old cousin, who lives at the home, was missing when her parents showed up
The cousin – who has not been named – was found in a wooded are near Bensalem with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the neck. He survived his injuries and is in stable condition
While Autumn’s name was not released officially, family and friends identified her in tribute posts online, and in a Go Fund Me which has been started to pay for her hospital bills and funeral. As of Monday afternoon, the fund had raised more than $8,000.
Police are asking for the public’s help in their investigation. They want anyone who might have video or surveillance photos from that area of Croydon to call the Bristol Township Poliec at 215-788-8289.
They are specifically looking for footage that shows a white male who is 5’7″ tall, weighing 150 pounds, making his way through the neighborhood toward State Road between 6:30pm and 7pm