By PERKIN AMALARAJ

Published: 02:01 BST, 2 April 2025 | Updated: 02:08 BST, 2 April 2025

Hamas has quietly dropped thousands of deaths from its count of the number of people killed by Israel in Gaza, a pressure group has claimed. 

Salo Aizenberg, from the US-based Honest Reporting group, told the Telegraph that the terror group’s March 2025 casualty update had removed thousands of people it previously listed as dead. 

Hamas says that more than 50,000 Palestinians, including women, children and combatants, have been killed since Israel retaliated in response to the deadly October 7 attack, 

But Aizenberg told the newspaper: ‘Hamas’s new March 2025 fatality list quietly drops 3,400 fully ‘identified’ deaths listed in its August and October 2024 reports – including 1,080 children. These ‘deaths’ never happened. The numbers were falsified – again.’

The Hamas-run Gaza ministry of health has released casualty lists in PDF form, detailing those killed in Israeli military actions.

Israel, meanwhile, says it has killed 20,000 Hamas combatants in its battle in the enclave, and claims to do all it can do mitigate civilian casualties. 

But Israel has also been accused of systematically starving the Gaza Strip, which it denies. 

Yesterday, the UN dismissed as ‘ridiculous’ an assertion by Israel that there was enough food in the Gaza Strip to last for a long period of time, despite the closure of all 25 bakeries in the enclave supported by the World Food Programme.

Palestinians visit the graves of their relatives at a cemetery, on the first day of Eid al-Fitr that marks the end of the Muslim holy fasting month of Ramadan, in Jabalia, in the northern Gaza Strip March 30, 2025

Palestinians visit the graves of their relatives at a cemetery, on the first day of Eid al-Fitr that marks the end of the Muslim holy fasting month of Ramadan, in Jabalia, in the northern Gaza Strip March 30, 2025

Internally displaced Palestinians walk along a street near the rubble of destroyed buidlings after fleeing northern Gaza following an Israeli army evacuation order, in Gaza City, Gaza Strip, 01 April 2025

Internally displaced Palestinians walk along a street near the rubble of destroyed buidlings after fleeing northern Gaza following an Israeli army evacuation order, in Gaza City, Gaza Strip, 01 April 2025

Buildings that were destroyed during the Israeli ground and air operations stand in northern of Gaza Strip as seen from southern Israel, Tuesday, April 1, 2025

Buildings that were destroyed during the Israeli ground and air operations stand in northern of Gaza Strip as seen from southern Israel, Tuesday, April 1, 2025

No aid has been delivered to the Palestinian enclave since March 2. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office has said it would not allow the entry of all goods and supplies into Gaza until Hamas releases all remaining hostages.

Then later in March Israel resumed its bombardment of Gaza after a two-month truce and sent troops back into the enclave.

COGAT, the Israeli military agency that coordinates aid deliveries, said on Tuesday that during the truce some 25,200 trucks entered Gaza, carrying almost 450,000 tons of aid.

‘That’s nearly a third of the total trucks that entered Gaza during the entire war, in just over a month,’ COGAT said in a post on X. ‘There is enough food for a long period of time, if Hamas lets the civilians have it.’

When asked about the statement, U.N. spokesperson Stephane Dujarric told reporters: ‘As far as the UN is concerned, that’s ridiculous … we are at the tail end of our supplies.’

‘You know, WFP doesn’t close its bakeries for fun. If there’s no flour, if there’s no cooking gas, the bakeries cannot open,’ Dujarric added.

:
Hamas ‘has quietly dropped more than 3,000 deaths’ off its Gaza war toll – ‘including 1,080 children’ 

***
Read more at DailyMail.co.uk