Horrified woman, 86, almost eats a needle after finding it in pork slices she had bought from Coles
- Heather Coulis, 86, found a pin in between roast pork deli slices bought at Coles
- She was preparing her dinner, and had just taken a bite, when she made the find
- Incident was reported to Coles, who launched an investigation, and SA police
An elderly woman has been left horrified after she almost ate a needle nestled between slices of roast pork she bought from Coles.
Heather Coulis, 86, purchased the meat at the deli section at the Ingle Farm retailer, in Adelaide’s north east, on Friday morning.
But as she prepared a sandwich that evening, she discovered a sharp pin concealed between three of the slices, 9News reports.
Heather Coulis (pictured), 86, purchased the meat at the deli section at the Ingle Farm retailer, in Adelaide’s north east, on Friday morning
‘When I saw it, I thought ‘geez’ you know how terrible, very surprised. It upset my night,’ Ms Coulis told 9News.
Daughter Sheryl Coulis, who wasn’t there at the time, was terrified at what could have happened to her mother.
‘I mean anything could have happened, she could have been bleeding or anything – it really sort of rocked her,’ she said.
The women fear the incident may have been deliberate.
But as she prepared a sandwich that evening, she discovered a sharp pin (pictured) concealed between three of the slices
‘Someone is out there again doing horrible things to innocent normal people,’ Sheryl said.
The pair declined a full refund or replacement when they took the produce back to Coles.
They lodged a formal complaint with Coles, who have launched an internal investigation, and reported the incident to South Australian police.
A Coles spokesperson said: ‘We take the issue of food safety very seriously and this appears to be an isolated incident.’
The women fear the incident may have been deliberate, although how the pin (pictured) appeared remains unclear