A man was left in a coma after being bitten by one of the world’s deadliest snakes at a hotel in southwest China.
Hotel staff were shocked to see a half-a-metre (164ft) long snake dropped from the 34-year-old man’s right leg of trousers when they rushed to offer help.
The man was given anti-venom at a hospital but remained in intensive care units.
A man reported feeling unwell after taking a rest in a hotel in Nanning, southern China
34-year-old Mr Wei was bitten by a deadly snake and fainted before the paramedics arrived
Mr Wei, of Liuzhou city, checked in a hotel in Nanning city in Guangxi Province, on April 2 afternoon, reported The Paper.
He sought help from the front desk after feeling unwell in his room.
It’s said Mr Wei failed to respond when the workers went in the room using a master key.
Staff member were shocked to find a black-and-white striped snake fell from Mr Wei’s right leg of the trousers.
The striped snake was identified as many-banded krait, also known as the Chinese krait, a highly venomous snake that is commonly seen in southeast Asia, a snake expert told the reporter.
The Chinese krait was captured by the expert and was taken to a wildlife protection centre in Nanning after.
The venoumous Chinese krait fell from Mr Wei’s right trousers leg when the workers helped
Local police are still investigating into the details how did the snake get into the room
Mr Wei was sent to Guangxi Nationalities Hospital for immediate treatment.
He was given an antidote, but remained unconscious in intensive care units, wrote the report.
Dr Jiang Fufu, of Intensive Care Units, told the reporter that the patient was in a coma and had no reflex repsonses.
‘He is not breathing, so we place a medical ventilator on him. Luckily his blood pressure remains stable,’ said the doctor.
Nanning Police are looking into the details of the incident, including the reason why a venomous snake appeared in a hotel room.