We’re living in the 21st century, and it is an era of digital transformation. In the last decade or so, we have seen many emerging technologies taking giant leaps and creating opportunities for digitalization. Modernized technologies like AI, Machine Learning, IoT, Cloud Computing, RPA, etc., have transformed the way we look at Mobile App Development Services.
Mobile applications have played a fundamental role in digital transformation, and with the introduction of these next-gen technologies, there is bound to be some acceleration. As a result, digital transformation has become the new buzzword for tech people. However, very few industry leaders have recognized the role of mobile applications in digital transformation.
Let us put some statistics in front of you which will help you to understand how Mobile Apps and Digital Transformation goes hand in hand:
- In 2020, venture capitalists invested $73 billion in mobile app startups.
- Mobile apps accounted for 57% of digital media usage.
- App stores saw a record 218 billion downloads in 2020.
If these statistics are not an indicator of the role mobile apps play in digital transformation, what is? As a business owner, it becomes essential to know about digital transformation and how mobile apps can impact it in the long run. So, let’s get things moving.
What is Digital Transformation?
Digital transformation is nothing but making substantial use of digital technologies to transform the way your business operates on a day-to-day basis. It allows companies to re-engage with their existing customers differently. The main aim of digital transformation is to make an organization lean, agile, and competitive so that businesses can reap the rewards from it.
Industry leaders sometimes make the mistake of improving one or two business processes and then call it a digital transformation. However, the fundamental transformation happens when you re-invent the whole business process, and if that’s the case, you will get tremendous results.
Now, let’s analyze some of the key benefits that a business can use by opting for digital transformation.
Benefits of Digital transformation
- Better Decision Making: With digital transformation, you can access real-time data and lots of new insights. Based on this information, you can make significant decisions.
- Higher Efficiency: Leveraging modernized technologies can help you automate the business process, and that could help in increasing your operational efficiency.
- Wider Reach: Digitalization allows you to wider your reach among the audience and expands your digital footprints with an omnichannel experience.
- Incredible Customer Experience: With access to so much data, you can know your customers better and provide a personalized experience based on their liking.
So far, we have had a brief about digital transformation and its key benefits. Now, it’s time to unravel the role of mobile apps in digital transformation.
The Role of Mobile Apps in Digital Transformation
1. IoT in Mobile Apps
Gone are days when people used IoT for displaying products and sharing related information with tagging. Today, IoT-based mobile applications have made a name for themselves in the enterprise business. Whether it’s playing the role of intelligent equipment or making the supply chain efficient, IoT is at the forefront of anything and everything. Of course, IoT is a new entry in the mobile app domain, but the benefits it brings to the table are immense.
2. Higher Portability
Portability is one characteristic that every enterprise-level organization wishes for in its ecosystem. Nowadays, with remote work culture taking precedence over traditional office work, mobile applications can play a vital role in adding portability to daily work. Employees can access the applications from anywhere and get their job done. This kind of arrangement allows firms to maintain their productivity in any situation and also keep employees happy.
3. Making Informed Decision
Successful business people are the ones who can make the right decisions at the right time, and that’s where access to real-time analytics can play a crucial role. For example, any top-level Mobile App Development Company can help you develop an enterprise-level app that collects user data. Based on this data, you can know your customers’ behavior and design a campaign that lures them into buying your product. So, decision-making becomes crystal clear.
4. AI in Mobile Apps
Over the years, AI has been utilized by many enterprises for improving their customer experiences. With digital transformation coming into the picture, businesses have started integrating AI into their mobile apps. For that purpose, they use concepts like natural language processing, natural language generation, speech recognition technology, chatbots, and biometrics. In addition to the customer experience, AI also helps you in predictive analytics.
Use Cases of Digital Transformation with Mobile Apps
- Manufacturing: Here, mobile apps can be coupled with AI, IoT, Machine Learning, etc., to streamline day-to-day operations and increase productivity.
- Construction: Here, mobile apps can be coupled with technologies like RFID, IoT, Bluetooth, NFC, etc., to track and manage the assets better.
- Retail: Here, mobile apps can help you in various retail activities like order management, shipment, order tracking, providing a personalized experience, and more.
- Logistics: Here, mobile apps can streamline the cumbersome logistics process from procurement to delivery of products. It helps in improving the digital experience.
- Healthcare: Here, doctors can utilize mobile apps for delivering online patient care in a hassle-free manner. The patients can use the app same to find the doctors.
- Media: Here, mobile apps can be of great help as it allows the industry to share the information in real-time and upload lots of videos and photos quickly.
As per a study, the global digital transformation market is expected to grow US$ 2,279.4 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 24.3% between 2018 and 2025. With such rapid growth being expected, organizations have started to implement this tactic for their business processes. First, however, they will need to understand the role of mobile apps as it is key to digital transformation. In this blog, we discussed ways through which mobile apps are accelerating digital transformation. We hope it will help you when you’re planning the same for your business in the future.