If you have a vacant block of land and you wish to build on, you should shop for a builder as carefully as you shop for the home. Whether you are building a townhouse, a house in a subdivision, a unit, or a custom-built house, you should know that you are buying a good quality home from a reputable home builders Newcastle like – Vision Homes Australia. Here are some tips to help you find the right builder-
Make a List of Builders – Once you have thought about the type of home you want, you can make a list of the builders.
- Is the Builder accredited?
- Does the Builder have testimonials from previous clients? You can talk to his clients.
- Contact a local real estate agent and ask him if he knows a professional builder.
- Ask Relatives and friends for recommendations. Ask about the Builder they have dealt with directly, or ask them to tell you names of acquaintances who have recently had a good experience with a builder.
- Contact the housing builders association to get a list of Builders who build homes in your area.
- Look in the real estate section of the local newspaper for projects and Builders. This will help you learn the type of building and the prices you can expect to pay. Make a list of builders who can build the type of home you want, in your price range.
Do Your Homework?
When you have a list of Builders, it’s time to start asking questions of both the builders and the owners of the homes.
- Interview home builders to get the answers to all the questions you have.
- Then, visit a builder’s recently built home and subdivisions. Drive-by on a Saturday morning when homeowners are outside doing chores. Introduce yourself and tell them that you are considering buying a home from the builder who built their home. You can talk to many owners and try to get a random sample of opinions. The more people you’ve talked with, the more accurate an impression of a builder you are likely to get.
- Some questions to ask – are you happy with your home? If you had any problems? Were the problems fixed promptly and properly? Would you buy another home from the same builder?
- Usually, people tell you if they are happy with their homes. If they are not they will probably want to tell you the reason.
- At the very least, drive by and see if the homes built by this Builder are visually appealing.
- When you talk to builders and homeowners, take a notebook to record the information you find and your personal Impressions about these Builders and homes. Doing so helps you to make a comparison later.
- Ask if there are costs you did not expect.
Shop For Quality And Value
Look at new homes whenever you get a chance. Home shows and open houses sponsored by builders are good chances to look at homes. Model homes and houses displayed in home shows are furnished to give you ideas for using the space. You may also ask a builder to see a furnished home. When examining a home, look at the quality of construction features. Inspect the quality of carpeting, cabinetry, flooring, and paint.
Ask the Builder a lot of questions. Get as many specific as possible. If you receive the answers verbally then in writing take notes. Finally, you may visit a forum on home builders that can reveal the best Builders and it can also reveal builders that do not practice industry standards.