It’s official – the most sociable time of the year is about to get into full swing and ’tis certainly the season to jolly well go glam.
Whether you want to turn heads at the office party or are looking for something to kick off the New Year with a sparkle, we have all the top tips for knocking everyone’s Christmas stockings off.
From stunning in sequins to how to transform from desk to dance floor, and with a little help from Debenhams, you’ll feel a million dollars whatever your festive plans are.
Whether you want to turn heads at the office party or are looking for something to kick off the new year with a sparkle, we’ve got top tips for knocking everyone’s Christmas stockings off.
Shine in sequins and metallics
Nothing says ‘see you on the dance floor’ like a good ol’ dose of sequins.
Whether you mix a rainbow effect mini-skirt with a blouse or go the hole sparkling hog and do a floor length razzle-dazzle affair, you’ll look festively flirty in go-to embellishment.
And while the LBD calls out like a dear friend when perusing your party options, why not do it differently this year in some high shine metallics? This trend is ideal for anyone who wants to catch the light but who doesn’t want to do the full on glitz of sequins and beading.
From stunning in sequins to how to transform from desk to dance floor, and with a little help from Debenhams , you’ll feel a million dollars, whatever your festive plans
Sparkling embellishment and shiny metallics are the easiest ways to look party-ready. Try a gold rush with the Georgia dress from Debut (left, £91) or how about a purple sequinned number from Studio by Preen (right, £68)? Both available at Debenhams.
If you want to look the business, the best way is to invest in some sharp tailoring.
Perfect for going from boardroom to bar, a trouser suit will give you androgynous edge. But style it with sky high heels, a slinky shoulder bag and a silk top, you’ll add a touch of femininity.
Perfect for going from boardroom to bar, a trouser suit will give you androgynous edge. Try this satin trimmed tuxedo by J by Jasper Conran, (£108) from Debenhams.
If you want to ditch the dress but aren’t quite ready to work a suit, then try a sleek jumpsuit this season instead. An all-in-one will flatter your figure and ensure you stand out from the crowd of midis and minis.
If you want to ditch the dress but aren’t quite ready to work a suit, then try a sleek jumpsuit this season instead.
Make-up that pops
Make-up is bigger than ever thanks to the rise of the beauty blogger so make sure you’re Instagram ready with a seriously ‘wow’ war paint look.
If you want to go all Vogue about it, one of AW17’s biggest trends is for a smudged lip (bright in the centre with diffused edges) and heavily over-lined eyes, but if you want something a little less high fashion, create a groomed look with these four essentials:
1. Defined Brows – you won’t believe the difference a beautifully arched brow can make to your face
2. A strong lip – a bright and bold pout is a must and red is the ultimate in eye-catching colour
3. Flirtatious full lashes – add volume with a vampish black mascara
4. Highlighted cheekbones – illuminate your natural beauty and catch the light with a creamy highlighter
Strike a pose there’s nothing to it!
Get the model look with defined brows. The Make Up For Ever Pro Sculpting Brow Palette, £33.50, from Debenhams will help you groom and shape your eyebrows with ease
Create lashes to die for with bareMinerals Lash Domination Volumising Mascara, £20, before perfecting your pout with MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in ‘Dangerous’, £16.50, both available at Debenhams
Catch the light with this Laura Geller Baked Gelato Vivid Swirl Illuminator, £21, available at Debenhams
Get red-dy to ravish!
Nothing screams Christmas like the colour red and if you want to wow your colleagues with a seriously sexy look you can’t go wrong as the scarlet woman.
From deep maroons to vampish velvet, you’ll be feeling festive in seconds.
Nothing screams Christmas like the colour red. Try this scarlet velvet number by Quiz (£23.99 at Debenhams) and you’ll be sure to turn heads
From desk to dance floor: How to do a festive makeover at work!
* Wear a blazer over a fitted dress during the daytime and whip it off before the bash to go from a day to night look
* Opt for monochrome or separates in the same colour to have a streamlined look for your evening affair
* Black always works on any occasion; wear your trusty LBD to work and add different shoes and accessories just before heading out for the night
* Show your wild side with leopard print. This style classic will give off a sassy vibe when worn in the office, and will show off your fun and flirty side at the party
* Go simple during the day then add a large black or embellished belt for a more structured look
* Swap your tote for a sparkly clutch in silver or red to jazz up any outfit
* Get ready with a colleague so they can help with your hair