Husband, 74, is arrested for his wife’s murder after her decomposing body was found in their Long Beach home by cops conducting a welfare check
- Henry Allen, 74, has been arrested over the death of Debbie Allen, 63
- Police were called on Wednesday morning by neighbors who had not seen them
- Officers found Debbie’s decomposing body with ‘wounds to her upper torso’
- Henry was not home but was tracked down to Barstow, 130 miles away
- Henry was booked for murder and held on a $2 million bail at Long Beach jail
Police in California have arrested a 74-year-old man after his wife’s decomposing body was found at their home.
Henry Allen is being held at Long Beach jail on a $2 million bond, on suspicion of killing Debbie Allen, 63.
Police were called to their home on Wednesday morning when neighbors reported concerns about their well-being, after not hearing from them in the past few days.
Officers arriving on the scene, on the 1000 block of Harding Street, ‘observed suspicious circumstances,’ the police said in a statement, and called the Long Beach Police Department.
Henry Allen, 74, has been arrested on suspicion of murdering his wife Debbie, 63, at their home on this street in Long Beach, California. Her decomposing body was found inside
Inside the house they found Debbie’s decomposing body, with wounds to her upper torso.
The police did not say how she died.
Henry was not at home, but was found in Barstow, 130 miles away, and arrested at 6:45pm on Wednesday.
The case will be presented to Los Angeles County district attorney’s office next week, for charges to be potentially filed.
No motive has been given in the murder, and police are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.