Jordan North recently revealed he was a ‘last minute’ replacement on the I’m A Celeb line-up.
And now, it’s claimed that the BBC presenter, 30, replaced Naughty Boy, 35, in the ITV show after the rapper pulled out at the last minute due to a family illness.
According to a report, I’m A Celeb producers ‘were gutted’ when the music producer, real name Shahid Khan, dropped out.
No way! It has been claimed that the BBC presenter, 30, replaced Naughty Boy, 35, in the ITV show after the rapper pulled out at the last minute due to a family illness
According to The Sun, Naughty Boy was the star who had signed up to go into Gwrych Castle last month, but pulled out leaving a spot open on the line-up for Jordan.
A source said: ‘Shah was so excited to take part in the show as it would’ve been such a great platform for him to step out from behind the scenes a bit.’
The insider explained that Naughty Boy is a big deal within the music industry, having worked with the likes of Emeli Sande, Sam Smith, Zayn Malik and Beyonce.
‘Shah is really humble and actually quite shy, but he has so many great anecdotes about the people he’s worked with.
‘It very nearly never happened!’ On Monday, Jordan North revealed he was a last minute addition to the I’m A Celebrity line-up after someone dropped out
Music megastar: A source explained that Naughty Boy is a big deal within the music industry, having worked with the likes of Emeli Sande, Sam Smith (pictured) Zayn Malik and Beyonce
‘Producers were gutted when he dropped out and hope he might be able to take part in future years, but they could never have foreseen the success Jordan then had,’ admitted the source.
MailOnline has contacted Naughty Boys’ representatives for comment.
The revelation comes after Jordan revealed on Monday morning that he was in fact a last minute addition to the I’m A Celeb line-up after someone dropped out leaving him with 2 days to do ‘everything’.
Speaking to Greg James on BBC Radio One, the Burnley born star confessed: ‘I was last minute.
Last minute addition: ‘I had 2 days to do everything: Medical, photos, psychiatrists etc. 48 hours. It very nearly never happened,’ revealed the radio host
‘I got a call to say “maybe next year not this year”, and then I got a call two weeks later saying “do you wanna do it? Someone’s dropped out.”
‘Then I had 2 days to do everything: Medical, photos, psychiatrists etc. 48 hours. It very nearly never happened.’
Despite being a last minute addition to the 2020 lineup, Friday’s final episode saw the radio host finishing in second place, with Giovanna Fletcher crowned the first-ever Queen of the Castle.
Spilling the tea: ‘I was last minute. I call to say “maybe next year not this year”, and then I got a call two weeks later saying “do you wanna do it? Someone’s dropped out”,’ revealed Jordan
Jordan became a fan favourite during his time in Gwrych Castle as he faced many of his fears, during the show’s Bushtucker Trial, including his intense phobia of snakes.
And it has been reported that the presenter being lined up for a promotion at the BBC after winning over millions of new fans on I’m A Celebrity.
According to The Sun, Jordan, who hosts on the weekends and as a cover presenter, will be meeting with BBC Radio One bosses this week to discuss a mainstream move for 2021.
Success: The BBC Radio One DJ finished as runner-up to Giovanna Fletcher on this year’s series and his profile is now bigger than ever
Along with an increased presence on the airwaves, a source added Jordan is also being lined up for panel shows and other TV appearances.
They said: ‘Jordan’s profile is going to be raised massively in the next few months and the plan, along with getting him a more coveted spot on air, is to get him back on the box.
‘Along with panel shows, Jordan is destined for his own series after easily becoming the stand-out star of this year’s show.’