Reality star Kate Gosselin has been found in contempt of court after filming her kids without work permits, DailyMailTV can reveal.
Kate has been ordered to pay $1,500 in legal costs to her ex-husband Jon who pursued her in court over the breach and she’s also been slapped with strict conditions for any future filming.
We can also reveal the Kate Plus 8 star still owes Jon a further $25,000 in legal fees on a previous court tussle over filming.
Jon, 42, went to court after TLC defied a judge’s order barring the TV network from filming his and Kate’s children for reality show Kate Plus 8.
DailyMailTV can reveal that the Kate Plus 8 star was found in contempt of court after filming four of her 15-year-old kids without proper work permits for her reality show
Jon and Kate’s 15-year-old children Alexis, Aaden, Leah and Joel all appeared on camera for the October special without working permits
Jon, 42, went to court after TLC defied a judge’s order barring the network from filming his and Kate’s children for reality show Kate Plus 8 (pictured heading to court with son Collin)
Kate has been ordered to pay $1,500 in legal costs to her estranged husband Jon who pursued her in court over filming without permits
DailyMailTV exclusively revealed that the network aired a special episode of the show in October despite not having the legal paperwork in place.
Since we called out TLC over the gaffe the episode has vanished from their website and Kate was hauled up before a judge in Pennsylvania. The network declined to comment on the matter.
DailyMailTV obtained photos of Jon and Kate separately leaving the Berks County courthouse in November.
Now according to legal paperwork seen by DailyMailTV Kate was held in contempt of a May 14, 2019 court order and given 10 days to pay Jon $1,500 in legal fees which she has paid.
The original order stated that Kate, 44, was allowed to film her kids provided either she or the TV company provided Jon with a filming schedule. But this never happened.
DailyMailTV also discovered that in 2018 the Department of Labor denied filming permits and a judge also ruled that it was not in the ‘best interests’ of the Gosselin children to allow them to be filmed for the show.
The Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry confirmed to DailyMailTV that no permits had been issued for the Gosselin children.
But network executives ignored the court order and went ahead anyway, filming the family at their home in Pennsylvania and on location in North Carolina.
Jon and Kate’s 15-year-old children Alexis, Aaden, Joel and Leah all appeared on camera.
Their other kids Mady and Cara, 19, are now adults and 15-year-old Hannah and Collin live with Jon and weren’t filmed.
Jon and Kate’s 15-year-old children Alexis (center), Aaden (bottom, left), Joel (bottom, center) and Leah ( bottom, right) all appeared on camera. Their other kids Mady (top right) and Cara, 19, (top left) are now adults and 15-year-old Hannah (middle row, right) and Collin (middle row, left) live with Jon and weren’t filmed
In an exclusive interview Jon told DailyMailTV: ‘The court agreed with me, they have given me back my rights. The guardian ad litem said filming wasn’t in the best interests of my children, the judge said it wasn’t in their best interests, but Kate went ahead and did it anyway.
‘But this order now puts her on notice that she has to do everything by the book.
‘She can still film Kate Plus 8 or Kate Plus Date, or whatever she wants, but she has to go to court to get a court order to get my written consent first.
‘Then she has to give me every single piece of information before they film.’
Jon says he’s entitled to get a proposed filming schedule on a monthly basis and be notified of any changes.
He will be told the date, time and content to be filmed and must sign off.
But Jon believes any show with Kate and their children is now ‘dead in the water’.
‘I don’t think they will ever film again, I’ve heard nothing from TLC.
‘I really just want to get my kids off the television period.
‘If they do film then Kate has agreed with this order, it was signed by a judge – so if she doesn’t comply, if she films the kids without permission again, she will go to jail.’
Jon says Kate still owes him $25,000, due on December 31, after she appealed and lost a previous contempt.
Jon, who these days works as an IT manager and DJ and lives in Reading, Pennsylvania with girlfriend Colleen and children Hannah and Collin, says he’s now focused on getting all his kids together outside of Kate’s home.
DailyMailTV learned that in 2018 the Department of Labor denied filming permits and a judge also ruled that it was not in the ‘best interests’ of the Gosselin children to allow them to be filmed for the show
Jon previously claimed that Kate mentally abused and alienated their daughter Hannah – who now lives with him after he won custody of her and Collin (pictured together, left)
The family of ten are pictured together in a sweet family snap before the nasty split between Jon and Kate
He says he wants his other teenage children to enjoy a ‘normal life’ away from the cameras and worries that filming causes ‘mental anguish’ and ‘instability’.
‘There is no reason my kids need to be on television anymore, it doesn’t benefit them in any way. It is very confusing for them.
‘I love all my kids. I want them to grow up to have a normal life.’
Jon also wants Collin to integrate with his siblings.
In an explosive interview with DailyMailTV in September, Jon revealed Kate mentally tortured her young son Collin before sending him off to a special needs institution where he was held for three years.
He spoke for the first time after a decade-long gag order was finally lifted.
In a series of bombshell claims, Jon said Kate is a ‘militant’ mother who has abused some of her eight children for years while maintaining the glossy ‘happy family’ image we see on our TV screens.
He also accused his ex of wrongly making his kids work to maintain her luxury lifestyle.