News, Culture & Society

Katie Price and fiancé Carl Woods arrive at Essex court for hearing

Katie Price’s fiancé Carl Woods appeared in court today to deny using ‘threatening words and behaviour’ following a row at his Essex home.

Woods, 33, had been charged under Section 4 of the Public Order Act following an incident at his home in Little Canfield, Essex last year.

Colchester Magistrates’ Court was told the charge followed a row that spilled over into the street, disturbing neighbours.

At one stage Woods was seen trying to force open a door, the court heard.

The male model was seen arriving at court hand-in-hand with Price this morning after the pair recently returned from a holiday to Thailand.

Former glamour model Price, wearing a sun visor, and Woods, dressed in a black t-shirt and sunglasses, were seen chatting to two police officers before heading inside.

Katie Price has accompanied fiancé Carl Woods to court for his hearing to answer a public order offence charge

The couple were seen arriving at Colchester Magistrates' Court hand-in-hand this morning before heading inside

The couple were seen arriving at Colchester Magistrates’ Court hand-in-hand this morning before heading inside

Woods, who is engaged to the reality star, was arrested after Price, 42, was allegedly punched in face on August 22, 2021

She sat in the public gallery and watched her fiancee during the short session, with Woods smiling towards from behind the re-enforced glass of courtroom four.

He spoke just to confirm his date of birth and address before answering ‘not guilty’ when asked to enter a plea to the public order charge.

Leigh Hart, prosecuting, told the court the incident happened at Woods’ house in Little Canfield, near Dunmow.

She said: ‘The incident occurred on the evening of 22nd August 2021 when this defendant ended up getting into an argument with his partner at his home address.

‘The partner left his property and went to another property.

The court case is expected to bring to an end long-running and denied claims of Woods' 'threatening and abusive behaviour' towards Price. Pictured: Price wearing a sun visor shield outside court

The court case is expected to bring to an end long-running and denied claims of Woods’ ‘threatening and abusive behaviour’ towards Price. Pictured: Price wearing a sun visor shield outside court

Price, wearing a sun visor, and Woods were seen chatting to two police officers before heading inside

Price, wearing a sun visor, and Woods were seen chatting to two police officers before heading inside

‘The allegation itself is the defendant attempted to force the door of that property whilst shouting outside in the street.

‘This was overheard by neighbours and it is that part of the incident that forms the Section Four public order offence.’

Woods has denied a single count of using threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour with intent to cause ‘that person’ to believe that unlawful violence would be used against them.

Mark Davies, defending, said Woods’ argument would be that the incident was ‘nothing more than a squabble’.

The maximum sentence Woods’ faces is up to six months.

It comes just two days after Woods was snapped embracing Price as they kissed and cuddled beside the sea while on holiday in Thailand

It comes just two days after Woods was snapped embracing Price as they kissed and cuddled beside the sea while on holiday in Thailand

Woods had been supposed to be at Colchester Magistrates Court on March 9 for his appearance but his defence team had the hearing successfully postponed

Woods had been supposed to be at Colchester Magistrates Court on March 9 for his appearance but his defence team had the hearing successfully postponed

Woods was granted unconditional bail and the case was adjourned for trial on June 16 at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court.

The hearing comes just days after Woods was snapped with Price as they kissed and cuddled in the sea in Thailand.

Woods was supposed to be brought before court on March 9 to answer a public order offence charge.

But his defence team successfully requested it be moved to March 23 as Woods and Price jetted off on holiday. 

News of the scheduling change looks sure to raise questions over why the hearing was moved for a holiday. 

A source told MailOnline: ‘The change of date was instigated by the defence side.

Former glamour model Price was handed a 16-week suspended sentence and two-year driving ban for flipping her uninsured BMW X5 into a hedge while disqualified and under the influence. Pictured, Price arriving at Crawley Magistrates' Court in West Sussex in December 2021

Former glamour model Price was handed a 16-week suspended sentence and two-year driving ban for flipping her uninsured BMW X5 into a hedge while disqualified and under the influence. Pictured, Price arriving at Crawley Magistrates’ Court in West Sussex in December 2021

‘They asked for the case to be moved for a couple of weeks on the basis of him being currently in Thailand looking after Katie’s mental health.

‘The holiday was organised as a much needed break from it all for her.’

A spokesman for Woods told MailOnline: ‘I can confirm this holiday was pre-booked and my client Carl and his partner Katie both having such busy schedules and pre existing work commitments that when given the opportunity to travel together and their schedules allow it they need to take advantage of it.’

The court case is expected to bring to an end long-running and denied claims of Woods’ ‘threatening and abusive behaviour’ towards Price. 

He had earlier accused others of creating a ‘storyline’ – insisting they only had an argument in public. 

Woods claim he ‘didn’t lay a finger’ on Price and said he had ‘black and white proof’ to clear his name after he was charged with using threatening and abusive behaviour towards her in an incident at their house in Essex.  

***
Read more at DailyMail.co.uk