Keanu Reeves, 56, cuts a casual figure as he jumps into his car after leaving his hotel during a break from filming John Wick 4 in Berlin
He’s been hard at work filming the latest installment in the John Wick series.
And Keanu Reeves cut a casual figure as he headed out of his hotel during a break from the film’s set in Berlin on Friday.
The actor, 56, wrapped up in a navy blue coat after exiting his hotel and briefly stopped to wave to a fan before jumping in his car.
Jovial: Keanu Reeves, 56, cut a casual figure as he headed out of his hotel during a break from filming John Wick 4 set in Berlin on Friday
Keanu opted for a low-key navy jacket and a matching beanie hat as he headed to his car during a break from his busy filming schedule.
The actor chatted to a member of his team before jumping into the car, ahead of another day’s work on the fourth John Wick film.
Development on the latest entry in the action thriller franchise began shortly after the release of its third film, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum, in May of 2019.
Low-key: The actor wrapped up in a navy blue coat after exiting his hotel as he headed to a waiting car that had been parked outside
Simple: Keanu opted for a low-key navy jacket and a matching beanie hat as he headed to his car during a break from his busy filming schedule
In April of last year, series director Chad Stahelski spoke to Collider and noted that the project’s creative team had set their bar much higher for the upcoming film from its inception.
‘We submitted an idea or thematic [plan] and it was really big. So, we’re talking about doing a little bit more than a [John Wick 4], or something like that, and trying to develop that,’ he said.
The filmmaker also expressed that the development team had a relatively fleshed-out story in mind for the forthcoming feature and that they were glad to have a roadmap of sorts.
Friendly: As he headed out, Keanu briefly stopped to greet a fan that had been waiting outside the hotel
Stahelski said, ‘I’m in a happy place where we are in development…we’re in a place where we know what we want do and where we want to do it.’
The director then remarked that the planned film would not lose its action-focused core, as he and creative partner David Leitch regularly looked back on their past roles for creative inspiration.
‘I think Dave and I were both good at what we did as stuntmen and as choreographers. So, we don’t want to lose that,’ he stated.
Coming soon: Development on the latest entry in the action thriller franchise began shortly after the release of its third film, John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum, in May of 2019
Prepping for success: The series’ director also noted that the team had fleshed out a concept for the upcoming film, and expressed, ‘we know what we want do and where we want to do it’
Production for the fourth entry in the franchise will primarily take place in Berlin and Paris, with New York City and Japan serving as additional filming locations.
The crew behind the film originally intended to shoot back-to-back for another John Wick feature, although this idea was later shot down, leaving the possibility of a fifth movie in limbo.
The fourth entry in the action franchise was originally scheduled to make its debut sometime this year, although the onset of the global pandemic forced the release date to be pushed back to May 27th, 2022.
The time change was partially done to avoid a potential conflict with Reeves’ upcoming science fiction-action movie, the currently untitled fourth film in the Matrix series.
To those who wait: The fourth entry in the action-thriller franchise was supposed to make its debut this year, although it was eventually pushed back to May 27th, 2022