Motorhome insurance is a motor insurance type. It is mandatory to have motorhome insurance, UK wide to drive it. Standard motor insurance will not cover your motor home.
It is a procedure to cover you, the vehicle along with passengers, and third parties against injury, theft, and accidents. A motorhome is a vehicle with room inside, you will be used to tour from one place to another. While touring, it will serve as your home, so getting it properly insured is important. Right from small campervans to luxury motorhomes, each of them needs to be insured.
Different types of motorhome insurance:
There are different levels of motorhome insurance. The more you cover, the higher is the cost. The best insurance is the one that offers the perfect cover at the right price. You have three levels of motorhome insurance:
- Fully comprehensive: It covers you against theft, fire, accidents, and vandalism. It covers you for all third-party damages and injury caused by you.
- Third-party, theft, and fire: it covers third-party damage you cause along with theft and fire.
- Third-party only: It just covers third-party damage and injury you have caused when driving the motorhome.
You should select a policy depending on how you want to use your motorhome. Some of the factors to keep in mind when selecting a motorhome policy are:
- Commuting: It covers you with to and fro driving from one place.
- Personal business use: It covers your work commuting and other work-related travels
- Social, tour, and domestic: It covers your day trips, outings, school run, and all travel, other than commuting.
Vehicles covered under motorhome insurance:
- American RV
However, motorhomes don’t cover touring caravans that are towed behind your car. If you are looking for a caravan insurance policy or motorhome insurance policy, Quote Radar is your one-stop solution. It works to provide you cheap insurance quotes from insurers of the United Kingdom via comparison service.
How to find the best motorhome insurance?
Once you have selected the cover level you require, you should compare the other features which insurance policies offer:
- Foreign use cover: It covers your drive all across Europe for a particular time period, says 90 days every year.
- Content cover: It covers the personal belongings present in your motorhome.
- New for old cover: It covers your motorhome or your belongings and will replace it with a new model if they are damaged or stolen.
How much does motorhome insurance cost?
The price of the policy depends on some factors such as your age, place you live, your driving history, cover level you want, miles you travel in your motorhome every year, your experience in driving a motorhome, and the reason for which you are driving the motorhome.
Do not consider the cheapest motorhome insurance as it may not be the best. The right way to find a suitable policy for you is to check the level of cover it offers and then find your options.