LA Kings suspend the man who portrays Bailey the lion mascot following sexual assault allegations from a former Ice Crew member
- The Los Angeles Kings have suspended Tim Smith, who portrayed Bailey the lion
- Smith was the senior manager of game presentation and events for the team in addition to the mascot
- An unidentified woman is claiming she was hired to be on the Kings Ice Crew in 2018 for the Kings and the Ontario Reign
- She alleges Smith made sexual jokes and comments towards her and fired her when she refused his advances
- When she returned under the promise that he would no longer bother her, Smith allegedly upped the harassment and even thrust his crotch in her face
- The Jane Doe is is seeking $1million in damages for sexual harassment, retaliation and more.
The man who portrays Bailey the lion for the Los Angeles Kings has been suspended from the team, following a sexual harassment filed by a former member of the Kings Ice Crew.
Tim Smith was not only the mascot but also the senior manager of game presentation and events for the team, ESPN reports.
The woman, who is going by the alias Jane Doe to protect her identity, claims to have first been hired by the Crew in 2018. She was hired to work fan events for the Kings and the Ontario Reign, according to TMZ Sports.
The Los Angeles Kings have suspended Tim Smith, who portrayed mascot Bailey the lion
A woman who claimed to be a part of the Ice Crew said that the man made sexual comments and jokes to her, ultimately firing her when she refused his advances (members of the crew pictured but not the ones making the allegations)
She alleges that Smith began hurling sexually charged comments towards her. The woman also claims that the mascot used his power to create a toxic work environment for female employees.
The woman also claims that Smith would make lewd jokes, make inappropriate comments and would stare down her ‘breasts and bottocks.’
And when she made it clear that she was not interested, the woman claims Smith fired her from the King Crew.
When she returned under the promise that he would no longer bother her, Smith allegedly upped the harassment and even thrust his crotch in her face
According to the Jane Doe, a team official reached out to her and promised her that she would be protected from Smith’s problematic conduct.
But when she came back, things took a turn for the worse – with the Jane Doe recalling that the man had his crotch in her face and was thrusting his hips once while the two were in a locker room.
She ran out the room and soon quit for good.
The Jane doe is now suing Smith along with the Kings and AEG, who owns the hockey team. She is seeking $1million in damages for sexual harassment, retaliation and more.