- Man found in shed in Lorne
- The shed had caught on fire
A man has died after a fire inundated a shed in a Victorian coastal town.
Emergency services were called to a home on Howard Street Lorne, in Victoria’s south west, about 8.45am on Sunday.
Police said a man was found deceased inside a shed attached to the property.
The man is yet to be formally identified but is not believed to be a resident of the property.
A man has died in a shed at a property in Lorne, in Victoria’s south west, after the shed caught on fire (stock image pictured)
Police are investigating the circumstances which led to the fire (stock image pictured)
An Ambulance Victoria spokesman said paramedics treated and transported a man in his 40s to Lorne Hospital with injuries to his upper body, according to the Geelong Advertiser.
It is understood he is in a stable condition.
The property is believed to be a holiday house available for rent.
A nearby resident told the Geelong Advertiser he had seen the smoke at about 8.30am Sunday morning from Deans Marsh Rd.
The resident said a man who lived in the area attempted to go into the shed to help, but ‘something exploded’ and hit him in the shoulder.
Detectives are investigating the circumstances behind the fire.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or with any information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers.
More to come.