- A man in his 80s died in Liverpool in what is believed to be domestic violence
- Another man was arrested in relation to the incident and taken to police station
- He is reported to be the son of the man he allegedly stabbed
- On Wednesday, a woman was bashed by her partner with a hammer and a knife
- Police said they were struggling to identify her because of her severe injuries
A man in his 80s has died after being stabbed by another man, believed to be his son.
Officers were called to Memorial Avenue in Liverpool about 10.30am on Friday after reports of an attack, Seven News reported.
The man died at the scene from his injuries.
Police have set up a crime scene and are investigating the attack, while the man arrested has been taken to Liverpool Police Station for questioning.
A man in his 80s has been found dead in a Liverpool home after an alleged domestic violence incident
Just one day ago, a woman was beaten so badly in her rented granny flat at Campsie that she was left unrecognisable.
It is believed a man she was in a relationship with beat her with a hammer and a knife.
Qingming Song, 54, was arrested at the scene and has been charged with attempted murder.
Just three days ago, a man allegedly strangled his former partner at Ettalong Beach.
He has also been charged with attempted murder, and the woman, 35, died at Gosford Hospital on Thursday evening.
Police report the man’s charges are expected to be upgraded to murder.
A woman was bashed until she was unrecognisable at her home in Campsie on Tuesday (pictured is the front of the home – she and her partner lived at the back). The woman’s partner, Qingming Song, 54, has been charged with attempted murder