A man has been injured after a reported explosion at a house.
Images on social media show the first floor and roof of the property destroyed by the blast in Silk Milk Drive, Leeds.
West Yorkshire Police said officers were called at around 2.50pm on Friday to reports of an explosion and that emergency services were at the scene.
“A male is being treated at the scene. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening,” a spokeswoman added.
Gas engineer Allen Hart had been working on a property further up the street fitting a boiler when he heard a “really loud bang”, causing the house he was in to shake.
The 43-year-old from Leeds told the Press Association he went out to see what had caused the noise.
Describing the scene that greeted him, he said: “It was so shocking, it was horrendous to see, the tiles from the roof had blown up in the air and had come down and stuck into the grass.
“All the roof was in the road, when the fire brigade came they had to drive over it. It was like a war zone.”
He said there was someone injured lying down on the grass, he could see water “squirting out”, and he could smell gas, prompting him to call the gas emergency services straightaway.
Having worked as a gas engineer for 28 years Mr Hart said he was “totally shocked”, adding: “I have never seen or experienced anything like that before.
“It is certainly a very, very shocking experience. I just hope that they are all OK.”
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.