Tragedy as man dies after being pulled from a burning shopping centre following a frantic Triple-0 call saying he was trapped inside
- A man has died after being dragged out of a burning shopping center in NSW
- The Lakeside Shopping Center in The Entrance went up in flames at 4.30pm
- A 45-year-old man was trapped inside and made a desperate call to Triple-0
- He was removed from the flames by firefighters, but died at the scene
A man has died after being dragged out of a burning shopping centre on the NSW Central Coast.
The 45-year-old was trapped by flames inside the Lakeside Shopping Enter in The Entrance after a fire broke out at 4.30pm on Sunday.
He was able to make a desperate call to Triple-0 from inside the burning building when the second storey became engulfed in flames.
A man has died after being dragged out of a burning shopping center on the NSW Central Coast (pictured)
Firefighters are still battling the blaze, with a thick blanket of smoke (pictured) covering the coastal town
Firefighters were able to get to the man after targeting the fire near his position in the building, but couldn’t get him out through thick smoke at the main entrance.
Rescue personnel took the man to a deck and onto a ladder, where paramedics were ready to treat him.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Firefighters are still battling the blaze, with a thick blanket of smoke covering the coastal town.
Firefighters from Sydney have been called in to help local crews tackle the fire and prevent it from spreading to nearby buildings.
It is unknown what started the blaze.
Paramedics treated the man at the scene (pictured) but he was unable to be revived