Thousands of women have crowned the top makeup, skincare and fragrance products for 2021 in Mecca’s beloved ‘Best in Beauty’ awards.
Every year, Australia’s biggest beauty retailer Mecca asks its customers to vote for the best mascara, lipstick, moisturiser and more, in order to reveal the products shoppers just cannot live without.
This year, over 24,000 beauty lovers cast over 220,000 votes for the items they can’t get enough of.
The highest-grossing category was skincare, with 41,000 votes, and this was closely followed by makeup, which received 26,000 nominations.
Thousands of women have crowned the top makeup, skincare and fragrance products for 2021 in Mecca’s ‘Best in Beauty’ awards (NARS’ Sheer Glow pictured in use, which won ‘Best Base’
Winners included Tatcha’s The Dewy Skin Cream ($103), which was named as the best moisturiser; The Braziliam Bum Bum Cream by Sol de Janeiro was named the best body product (both pictured)
One of the biggest winners for this year was Tatcha’s Dewy Skin Cream ($103), which was named the ‘Best Moisturiser’ and received an incredible 11,000 nominations.
Shoppers praised the rich, luxurious cream for instantly hydrating their skin and giving it a ‘dewy, plump boost’.
Many said they love the addition of Japanese superfoods, including green tea, rice and algae, which simultaneously work to deliver essential nutrients for optimal skin health and youthful radiance.
Another category that was hotly-contested was the ‘Best Hair Hero’, which was won by Briogeo and their Don’t Despair Repair Deep Conditioning Hair Mask ($55).
This won the hair category by just 500 votes.
Within the realm of makeup, the biggest winners were Too Faced’s Better Than Sex Mascara ($39), which sells a tube every seven seconds around the world (pictured in use)
‘Best in Beauty’ award winners
* BEST HAIR HERO: Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Hair Mask.
* BEST PERFUME: Maison Margiela By The Fireplace eau de toilette.
* BEST BODY: Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream.
* BEST BASE: NARS Sheer Glow.
* BEST LIPSTICK: MAC Lipstick.
* BEST MASCARA: Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara.
* BEST DEVICE: Dr Dennis Gross Spectralite Faceware.
* BEST SERUM: Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum.
* BEST MOISTURISER: Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream.
* BEST SERVICE: MECCA Glam.
* BEST NEWCOMER: Glow Recipe Watermelon Dew Drops.
* BEST MULTI-USE PRODUCT: RMS Lips2Cheek.
‘Best in Beauty’ award winners continued
* BEST CLEANSER: Tatcha The Rice Wash.
* BEST MAKEUP EXTENDER: Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray.
* BEST EYE CARE: Chantecaille Stress Repair Concentrate +.
* BEST CHEEK POP: Westman Atelier Baby Cheeks.
* BEST BROW PRODUCT: Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil.
* BEST BLEMISH FIXER: Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel.
* BEST TANNING PRODUCT: Isle of Paradise Self-Tanning Drops.
* BEST HOME FRAGRANCE: La Labo Santal 26 Candle.
* BEST INVESTMENT: Cosmetics27 Baume27.
* BEST HALL OF FAME: MECCA Cosmetica To Save Face SPF50+.
MAC took out the award for ‘Best Lipstick’ with their affordable $30 bullets (pictured); MAC lipsticks boast an impressive 4.7 star rating on the Mecca website
Within the realm of makeup, the biggest winners were Too Faced’s Better Than Sex Mascara ($39), which sells a tube every seven seconds around the world and promises dramatically-improved lashes in seconds.
MAC took out the award for ‘Best Lipstick’ with their affordable $30 bullets.
MAC lipsticks boast an impressive 4.7 star rating on the Mecca website, and they have been described as ‘beautiful’, a ‘must have’ and the ‘perfect everyday colour’.
Meanwhile, the best newcomer came from the world of skincare, and was Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Dew Drops ($52; pictured in use)
The ‘Best Brow Product’ was revealed to be Hourglass’s Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil ($52), which promises an instantly-defined eyebrow shape and colour.
Meanwhile, the best newcomer came from the world of skincare, and was Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Dew Drops ($52).
Many have said this is the ultimate multi-use highlighting face serum that gives skin the a dewy glow without the use of glitter, pearls or mica.
Glow Recipe and NARS were among the winners in a skincare and makeup category (both pictured)
Of the brands that won in the ‘Best in Beauty’ awards, only Dr Dennis Gross and Tatcha won two categories each.
Dr Dennis Gross won both ‘piBest Device’ with the Spectralite Faceware Pro ($661) LED light mask and the ‘Best Blemish Fixer’ with the Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel ($134) exfoliating pads.
Tatcha, meanwhile, won ‘Best Moisturiser’ with the Dewy Skin Cream ($103), as well as ‘Best Cleanser’ with the Rice Wash ($53).
Like the moisturiser, the Rice Wash is made with Japanese superfoods and natural ingredients.
It helps to soften, smooth and hydrate the face while clearing away impurities.
To find out more about the ‘Best in Beauty’ awards, you can visit the Mecca website here.