California dreams! Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘eye up $7m Malibu mansion that has pool and tennis court’ with Robert Downey Jr and Caitlyn Jenner as neighbours as potential post-Megxit home
- £5.4m Malibu home boasts a swimming pool, tennis court and five bedrooms for Meghan, Harry and Archie
- Mansion used to be home to Baywatch star David Charvet and his wife Brooke Burke
- It would be short 30-mile trip to Meghan’s mother Doria, 63, and near Hollywood for potential business deals
Harry and Meghan are eyeing up a £5.4million ($7million) Malibu mansion in the countdown to ‘Megxit’ when the couple will end all official royal duties on March 31.
The royal couple originally promised to split their time between the UK and Canada and spent their six-week Christmas holiday at a luxurious £14.1million waterside mansion on Vancouver Island.
But there are now reports the couple are keen to relocate to California, where they would be close to Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland, Silicon Valley and Hollywood.
The five-bedroom mansion believed to be on their radar also boasts a swimming pool, tennis court and sprawling grounds.
It used to be owned by Baywatch star David Charvet and his wife Brooke Burke and would be just around the corner from a host of huge Hollywood names including Robert Downey Jr, Mel Gibson, Dick Van Dyke and Caitlyn Jenner.
Harry and Meghan are believed to be looking at buying a £5.4million ($7million) Malibu mansion complete with a swimming pool and a tennis court (seen from above)
The five-bedroom mansion believed to be on their radar is secluded and private and boasts sprawling grounds
Security: This would be Harry and Meghan’s security gate that would stop unwanted visitors from bothering the couple after they decided to step down as working royals and relocate to North America at the beginning of this year
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are pictured leaving Canada House in London on January 7 before their announcement was made. They are expected to officially step down on March 31, a date now dubbed ‘Megxit’
Last month, Caitlyn Jenner told Loose Women she had heard the Sussexes were looking for a home in Malibu.
The Keeping Up With The Kardashians star, 70, told the talk show panel that Harry and Meghan ‘probably had enough’ to take such a drastic step back from their royal duties, but added it must have been ‘very difficult’ for the actress.
Asked what she thinks will happen next for the Royal couple, she said: ‘I can’t predict as I’ve tried to raise our royal family in the US. It was probably very difficult for Meghan, coming into the Royal Family.
‘It was a big shock to her, she’s probably had enough. Good for them, we’ll see how it goes. I heard they were looking for a house in Malibu. It must have been tough. Everyone deserves to be happy.’
The house in question would be just 30 miles away from her Meghan’s Doria, 63, in View Park, Windsor Hills.
The royal couple originally promised to split their time between the UK and Canada and spent their six-week Christmas holiday at a luxurious £14.1million waterside mansion on Vancouver Island
Malibu also offers the couple easy access to Hollywood as they field offers from film and television powerhouses such as Netflix and Disney. MailOnline has contacted Buckingham Palace for comment.
It was revealed yesterday that the Sussexes will officially step down on March 31 and close their Buckingham Palace office.
From then on they will no longer be working royals, with just six more engagements to complete before ‘Megxit’.
Their last duty is expected to be as soon as March 9, when they will join the Queen at Westminster Abbey to mark Commonwealth Day.
Prince Harry, 35, is pictured with baby Archie, during his and Meghan’s six-week Christmas break on Vancouver Island