With a demanding schedule, constant travel and regular photoshoots, it’s safe to say that sleep is high on the priority list for Australian model Jesinta Franklin (nee Campbell).
And now, the 26-year-old has shared one product she swears by for a restful slumber – and it costs just $10.
The product is magnesium oil, an oil ‘considered the best way to obtain very high levels of magnesium directly through the skin, into the bloodstream’.
With a demanding schedule, constant travel and regular photoshoots, it’s safe to say that sleep is high on the priority list for Australian model Jesinta Franklin
The miracle product Jesinta swears by: Botanical Blends magnesium oil
Jesinta shared details of her favourite magnesium oil by Botanical Blends on a recent Instagram story.
‘Before bed. Helps me sleep. Reduces muscles soreness,’ she wrote.
Magnesium, in a powdered form, is understood to help with a range of issues including anxiety, and fatigue.
However, those at the forefront of alternative health are now touting the benefits of magnesium oil, some of which include relieving headaches, boosting energy and calming nerves.
Those who wish to get their hands on magnesium oil can purchase it from most chemists for around $10 a bottle.
Jesinta also recently shared one of the secrets to her glowing complexion.
The model revealed there’s a homemade remedy she swears by and recently revealed how it was made in her book Live A Beautiful Life.
The model as some of the most enviable skin in the game and has revealed one of her secrets
‘The first time I tried this method my skin was incredibly silky smooth for days afterwards; it was brighter and everyone would comment on my complexion,’ Jesinta wrote in her book.
The technique is called gua sha, which involves creating a scrub using only three ingredients and they can all be found in your kitchen.
But there is one surprising ingredient – triple distilled vodka.
Jesinta explained that she was a fan of gua sha, ‘an ancient practice that has been used for centuries to cleanse the body’.
She uses the homemade scrub to deeply cleanse and hydrate her body and in her book she said it can help those suffering from body acne.
Although the Australian beauty most likely has access to hundreds of luxury skin products, there is a homemade remedy she swears by
Jesinta was told about the treatment by a friend who had learnt about it after a visit to Fiji.
The former beauty queen has incorporated gua sha into her beauty routine and uses it two to three times a week to get glowing skin.
‘I have never used an exfoliant or product that compares to this amazing at-home treatment,’ she wrote in her book.
‘When you apply a gua sha you are accessing right through the layers of skin to give you an amazing cleanse and a chance to get rid of toxins that may be deep within those layers.’
Jesinta (pictured) uses the homemade scrub to deeply cleanse and hydrate her body
JESINTA’S RECIPE FOR GUA SHA
Vodka (make sure it’s triple distilled)
Aluminium-free bi-carb soda
A jar with a lid
- Fill about 80 percent of the jar with bi-carb soda.
2. Add the vodka to the top of the bi-carb and let it absorb through and mix it until it has a putty consistency.
3. Get into the shower and wet your body. Turn the water off and apply the gua sha mixture all over your body — be sure to avoid your private parts. “Trust me sister, those areas and vodka do not mix well together. Eeeek, haha,” says Jesinta.
4. Once the gua sha is applied, get a loofah or body glove and rub in circular motions all over your body — it might tingle a little bit but don’t worry!
5. Once you have exfoliated your entire body, continue showering like normal, making sure you wash off all of the gua sha.
6. Towel dry your body before applying coconut oil from head to toe. Your skin will absorb all of the oil, leaving it feeling smooth.