Tattooed mom, 26, SMILES for her mugshot after ‘leaving her baby girl in a car with the engine running so that she could drink shots at a bar’
- Samantha Vaughan can be seen grinning in her mugshot after being arrested outside the TrackSide nightclub in Copperas Cove, Texas at 2am on Sunday
- Officers who apprehended Vaughan say she then shouted a racial slur
- She recorded a blood alcohol level of 0.148, the legal driving limit there is 0.08
- Her daughter, 1, was ‘found in the backseat of a car with the doors unlocked’
- Vaughan was found inside the club minutes later, and told police ‘she had shots’
- She claimed to have gone in to use the bathroom after picking up her husband
- Now, she faces a charge of abandoning/endangering a child with intent to return
A tattooed mom accused of leaving her baby girl in a car with the engine running while she drank shots in a bar shows no remorse in her mugshot photo.
Samantha Vaughan, 26, can be seen with a wide grin in the police image after her arrest outside TrackSide nightclub in Copperas Cove, Texas in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Officers who apprehended Vaughan at around 2am say she then shouted a racial slur before recording a blood alcohol level of 0.148. The legal driving limit there is 0.08.
Her one-year-old child was found in a safety seat in the backseat of a car with the doors unlocked, according to police. Vaughan was said to have been found inside the club minutes later.
Samantha Vaughan is accused of leaving her baby girl in a car with the engine running to go to a bar and drink some shots. She has been pictured smiling in her police mugshot
Vaughan was arrested outside TrackSide nightclub in Copperas Cove at around 2am Sunday
An affidavit states that officers smelled ‘a strong odor’ of alcohol.
Vaughan is then said to have told police ‘she had two shots’ before shouting ‘you will not take my child and place her with a f***ing n*****’.
Court records show Vaughan claimed to have gone into the bar to use the bathroom after picking her husband up from the nightclub.
The affidavit says when she found her husband she ‘sat with him while she consumed the two shots’.
During her arrest, Vaughan ‘continued to thrash her body around…yell and throw herself about’, court records show.
Law enforcement say she ‘smashed her forehead’ on the steel bar inside a police patrol car twice which ’caused a small laceration to her head’.
She now faces a charge of abandoning/endangering a child with intent to return, resisting arrest and terroristic threats to a public servant, Fox44 reports.