Swimming coach, 20, accused of sexually assaulting 10 young girls in a Mosman pool is expected to enter a plea when he faces court in August
- Former Knox Grammar School prefect Kyle Daniels is accused of abusing girls
- The 20-year-old allegedly has sexual intercourse with girls aged six and seven
- His lawyer was told on Thursday that Daniels must appear in person in August
- It is likely Daniels, who faces 36 charges, will be asked to enter a plea that day
A young swimming teacher accused of sexually abusing ten girls at a Mosman pool is expected to enter a plea when he faces court in August.
Former Knox Grammar School prefect Kyle Daniels is accused of having sexual intercourse with two girls aged six and seven at Mosman Swim Centre on Sydney’s north shore.
The 20-year-old, who was arrested in March, also allegedly sexually assaulted eight other girls in and around the pool from January 2018.
Former Knox Grammar School prefect Kyle Daniels (pictured outside court in May) is accused of having sexual intercourse with two girls aged six and seven at Mosman swimming pool on Sydney’s north shore
The 20-year-old (right with his father James) also allegedly sexually assaulted eight other girls in and around the pool from January 2018
Daniels, who studies sports science at Sydney University, was represented by a lawyer on Thursday at Downing Centre Local Court who was told the swim teacher must appear in person on 8 August.
It is likely Daniels, who faces 36 charges, will be asked to enter a plea on that day.
Daniels’ lawyer has previously said in court that his client strongly denies the allegations.
They include sexual intercourse with a child under 10, intentionally sexually touch a child under 10 and the indecent assault of a person under 16.
Court documents claim Daniels’ alleged offences began in January 2018, with the indecent assault of a ten-year-old girl.
Among the allegations are that Daniels had sexual intercourse with a seven-year-old girl eight times in just three weeks.
The documents also claim Daniels was still allegedly committing sexual offences on swim students up until 10 days before he was arrested.
The shocking allegations against Daniels led police to hold a meeting for concerned parents last month.
One mother who attended the evening told Daily Mail Australia police focused on the common behaviour of children who have been abused, after some of Daniels’ alleged victims were not discovered for more than a year.
Among the allegations are that Daniels (pictured) had sexual intercourse with a seven-year-old girl eight times in just three weeks
‘It’s normally such a nice, family-orientated area,’ the mother said.
Close to 100 parents turned out to the invite-only information session, with dozens more whose names were not on the list refused entry.
Those who were allowed into the session said they were told not to ask police about the allegations or investigation into Daniels.
‘They told us at the start of the session that it wasn’t going to be about the [alleged] incidents at the swimming pool and that if we asked any questions about it we would be asked to leave,’ one woman said.
Daniels spent more than a week behind bars after his arrest before being released on bail on March 20.
A surety of $100,000 was posted to secure his freedom, and strict bail conditions included reporting daily to police, not going to pools and surrendering his passport.
A TIMELINE OF DANIELS’ ALLEGED OFFENCES:
2018: January 1 to November 30
– Allegedly indecently assaulted a girl, ten, on four different occasions
– Allegedly indecently assaulted a girl, five
– Allegedly indecently assaulted a girl, seven
October 24 to November 14
– On eight occasions during this period Daniels allegedly raped a girl, seven
September 22 to November 30
– Allegedly indecently assaulted a girl, seven, on eight different occasions
– Allegedly sexually touched a girl, seven
– Allegedly sexually touched a girl aged under 10
2019: February 2
– Allegedly sexually touched a girl, six, twice
– Allegedly raped a girl, six
December 1, 2018, to March 2, 2019
– Allegedly sexually touched a young girl on four occasions
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.