- A mother has claimed her children were made sick by a McDonald’s burger
- Iva Malupo, from Melbourne, filmed live maggots crawling across the burger
- Both her son and daughter have since developed sore stomachs from the meal
A mother has claimed her children have been struck down sick after eating a McDonald’s burger that was crawling with maggots.
Iva Malupo took her young children to the Epping Plaza restaurant in Melbourne on Sunday, buying them both a burger.
Ms Malupo told Daily Mail Australia that her son only ate half of his burger, and she noticed the infested meat crawling with maggots when they arrived home.
A Melbourne mother has claimed her children were made sick after eating a McDonald’s burger that was crawling with maggots (pictured)
‘I noticed that his half eaten burger was infested with live maggots that were wriggling,’ Ms Malupo said.
‘They have both had sore stomachs.’
In a video taken by Ms Malupo, the maggots can be seen crawling over the burger.
There are at least four live maggots seen on the surface of the meat patty.
Ms Malupo claims to have found many similar incidents across Australia ‘where McDonald’s have denied responsibility’
The mother-of-two said she contacted the store, who ‘had the nerve to say that it couldn’t have happened from their end and they have heard nothing like it before’.
‘I am disgusted,’ Ms Malupo said.
Daily Mail Australia has contacted McDonald’s Australia for comment.