News, Culture & Society

Mum issues urgent Babybel cheese warning

A warning for all parents: Aussie mum couldn’t figure out why her child hated Babybel cheese so much – until she realised the shocking truth

  • A mum has issued a warning to parents after watching her son eat cheese
  • The ten-year-old complained about having the Babybel cheese in lunchbox
  • It turns out the youngster was eating the wax coating as well as the cheese 

A mum has issued a warning after watching her son eat Babybel cheese

A mum has issued an urgent warning to other parents after realising her youngster was eating Babybel cheese with the wax wrapper still on.

The woman couldn’t figure out why her ten-year-old son hated the taste of the popular cheese so much, until the day she decided to watch him eat it.

‘My son really hates these. And today I found out why, because he was not removing the red wax,’ she wrote alongside a picture of the cheese snack.

Outraged mothers slammed the mum and said they have heard ‘horror stories’ from parents who have allowed their kids to eat the treats unsupervised.

‘It is made with parafin, which is used in candles, it can cause bowel problems when eaten,’ one woman said. 

‘Did you never supervise your child eating them? And I don’t mean beadily eyes watching, surely you would throw the occasional glance at your kid whilst he is eating?’ one mum said.

The woman didn't understand why her ten-year-old hated the cheese so much

The woman didn’t understand why her ten-year-old hated the cheese so much 

Others stood up for the ten-year-old, claiming they had eaten the cheese the same way.

‘I am afraid I did the same thing and I am 39,’ one woman said.

She added that she complained about the cheese being too hard to eat before her sister explained the red coating is wax.

‘Why don’t they write WAX in big letters on the packet,’ she laughed 

And some people like eating the wax. 

‘My three-year-old will only eat them with the red on. She fumes if you take it off. Raising tomorrow’s psychopaths today,’ one mum said. 

‘Better than my kid, liked the wax, didn’t like the cheese,’ added a third. 

She found out he had been eating the hard wax instead of peeling it off

She found out he had been eating the hard wax instead of peeling it off 

The mum’s cautionary tale led others to reveal their own funny storied about mis-used products.

‘This reminds me of my dad not realising he had to dissolve Berocca tablets,’ one woman wrote. 

‘My son came in complaining he couldn’t get the soap to work. He was using it dry,’ one mum laughed.

***
Read more at DailyMail.co.uk



Find local lawyers and law firms at USAttorneys.com