Muslim mates from Sydney’s west who became overnight heroes after putting on a free BBQ for bushfire victims pack 400 sausages and drive five hours up the coast for another epic spread
- Muslim men have been praised for hosting a free barbecue for bushfire victims
- Thy travelled five hours from Sydney to the bushfire-ravaged town of Willawarrin
- It’s the third time the men have put on a free community barbecue in the town
- The men provided 30 kilos of sausages, meat, bread rolls and 30 boxes of water
A group of Muslim mates who made headlines for throwing a free barbecue for bushfire victims have put on another cook-up for locals doing it tough.
Jawad Nabouche, Talal Kanj, Omar Shmait and Malek Eid became overnight heroes when they travelled to the bushfire-ravaged down of Willawarrin last month.
And the group of mates have again made the five-hour, 450km journey to the rural town to put on another free spread.
They left their homes in Lidcombe, in Sydney’s west, before sunrise on Saturday, armed with 30 kilos of sausages and meat, bread rolls and 30 boxes of water.
Jawad Nabouche, Talal Kanj, Omar Shmait and Malek Eid travelled five hours from Sydney to the small town of Willawarrin to throw a free barbecue for bushfire relief on Saturday (pictured)
Hundreds of Willawarrin and Bellbrook residents turned out for the event, and commended the men for their generosity
All donation money raised has gone toward the local RFS and those devastated by the bushfires.
Hundreds of Willawarrin and Bellbrook residents turned out for the event, and commended the men for their generosity.
‘That’s the true Aussie spirit right there well done lads, you are true legends,’ one local said.
‘Way to go guys! What awesome human beings you are,’ said another.
The Facebook post attracted hundreds of comments from other Australians praising the men for their community spirit.
‘Awesome humans. Thank you so much. What a fantastic thing to do.’
The men left their homes in Lidcombe, in Sydney’s west, before sunrise on Saturday, armed with 30 kilos of sausages and meat, bread rolls and 30 boxes of water in their ute
‘Thanks guys, setting an example to our PM and his buddies.’
Willawarrin locals hailed the men as heroes after they put on their first barbecue in November, just a week after 58-year-old resdient Barry Parsons’ body was found in burnt-out bushland.
Fire has already consumed almost three million hectares of land across the state this bushfire season driven by hot, dry and windy conditions.
Some 724 homes, 49 facilities and 1582 outbuildings have been destroyed while six people have died.
The Bureau of Meteorology has forecast severe heatwave conditions for most of NSW throughout the week.
The men became overnight heroes when they threw a free barbecue in Willawarrin last month