- A gas explosion which erupted inside a unit has left two men with serious burns
- The incident unfolded Wednesday afternoon in an apartment near Gosford
- One man received burns to 60 per cent of his body, while the other 30 per cent
- A one-year-old was taken to hospital but was not seriously injured in the blast
Two male adults and a one-year-old baby boy were rushed to hospital following a freak gas explosion inside an apartment complex Wednesday afternoon.
The blast occurred about 3pm in a unit block near Gosford, on the New South Wales Central Coast, leaving an 18-year-old and 24-year-old with serious burns.
The teenager sustained burns to 60 per cent of his body, while burns covered 30 per cent of the older male’s body.
Two male adults and a one-year-old baby boy were rushed to hospital following a freak gas explosion inside an apartment complex Wednesday afternoon
The baby boy received minor burns to its face and was fortunately not seriously injured.
Those injured were inside an apartment complex on Albany Street in Point Frederick when the incident unfolded.
Both men are receiving treatment in Royal Northshore Hospital.
‘We heard people start screaming and a baby crying. Everyone was just distraught,’ a resident from the apartment above said.
Early reports suggested there may have been candles in the room where the explosion occurred.
A resident (pictured) from the apartment above described the chaotic scene as it unfolded Wednesday afternoon