News, Culture & Society

Parent’s horror as children sick living in toxic ice house

A young family have been struck down by illness after discovering their rental property was a contaminated drug house.

The Rushton family, from West Australia, are being forced to live out of a hotel after discovering residue of methamphetamine in each room in the house.

They discovered traces of ice in the home were 12 times stronger than what is considered dangerous, Today Tonight reported.

Readings this strong can cause blindness, respiratory problems, cancers, psychosis and heart attacks.

The Rushton family are being forced to live out of a hotel after discovering residue of methamphetamine in each room in the house

The Rushtons first learned of the extent of the problem in their new rental property after finding packages of ice in their pool hatch handle the day after they moved in

The Rushtons first learned of the extent of the problem in their new rental property after finding packages of ice in their pool hatch handle the day after they moved in

The Rushtons first learned of the extent of the problem in their new rental property after finding packages of ice in their pool hatch handle the day after they moved in.

Anna Rushton immediately moved the family out of the house, fearing for the safety of her three young sons.

They organised for drug testers to examine the house and were shocked by the results.

‘I was really concerned because I know the health implications for my young family, and one of my children is asthmatic,’ Mrs Rushton said.

‘My younger sons have stomach aches and have a cold, my older son has a sore throat and a severe cough. I get headaches every day and night.’ 

Anna Rushton immediately moved the family out of the house, fearing for the safety of her three young sons. They organised for drug testers to examine the house and were shocked by the results

Anna Rushton immediately moved the family out of the house, fearing for the safety of her three young sons. They organised for drug testers to examine the house and were shocked by the results

Pamela Joyce, an expert in surveying methamphetamine residue, found highly dangerous levels of the drug in the children's playroom, the master bedroom and their son's room

Pamela Joyce, an expert in surveying methamphetamine residue, found highly dangerous levels of the drug in the children’s playroom, the master bedroom and their son’s room

Pamela Joyce, an expert in surveying methamphetamine residue, found highly dangerous levels of the drug in the children’s playroom, the master bedroom and their eight-year-old son’s room.

‘This is the strongest readings I have seen in Western Australia,’ Ms Joyce said.

To properly clean the home of all traces of the drug it will cost tens of thousands of dollars.

The family feel betrayed by their real estate agents. They have been allowed to break their lease but have been forced to pay rent on the contaminated property for the time they spent in the hotel.

Read more at DailyMail.co.uk