Presidential candidate and Massachusetts senator Elizabeth Warren has made headlines for confidently saying she has a plan for just about any governmental issue and policy.
Her ‘I have a plan for that’ catchphrase was only further highlighted during the first night of the Democratic Debate Wednesday when Warren was asked if she had a plan for dealing with Mitch McConnell. To the amusement of audience members, Warren bluntly responded: ‘I do.’
Warren’s personality for confidently fixing anything and always showing proper etiquette sparked people online to make wholesome jokes about the candidate, Buzzfeed first reported.
Trailblazer: Elizabeth Warren, 70, is a presidential candidate and Massachusetts senator. She is known for her catchphrase ‘I have a plan for that’
Incredible: The candidate has used Twitter to her advantage by poking fun at her ‘I have a plan’ response. Warren even did this when one woman asked if she could fix her love life
Incredible: A new trend has started online with people tweeting wholesome things they think Warren would do
The joke first sparked when one person tweeted, asking: ‘Do you think Elizabeth Warren has a plan to fix my love life?’
Warren, willing to play along with the joke, responded back to the woman and invited her to direct message her for tips on her love life.
And now everyone is tweeting proper etiquette they think Warren enlists in her daily life.
‘Elizabeth Warren has never gone over her allotted time at a conference. Not even once,’ one Twitter user expressed.
Another person tweeted: ‘Elizabeth Warren doesn’t make everyone attend a meeting for business that can get done over email.’
The trend only continued with people listing other character traits they thought Warren had — including always buying lemonade from a stand, having her order ready at Starbucks and sharing armrests on airplanes.
‘Elizabeth Warren never takes up too much space on the sidewalk or the subway,’ one person wrote. ‘She checks her own privilege and shares public space.’
People also believed the candidate would have proper etiquette when going to the bar, writing: ‘Elizabeth Warren has never asked a bartender “what whiskeys do you have?” She’s already checked the shelf.’
True: Some of the examples people gave was that they thought Warren would always share her armrest on planes, would remember your dog’s name and never speak to your manager
Hilarious: Other people thought Warren would be the aunt to always send you money and would never squeeze the middle of the toothpaste
These wholesome, and hilarious, jokes only increased after Warren spoke on the first night of the Democratic Debate.
After the debate, one Twitter user shared how they thought ‘Elizabeth Warren has never asked a question that was addressed in a previous email.’
Another voter wrote: ‘Hand sanitizer kills 99% of germs but Elizabeth Warren has a plan for the remaining 1%.’
Someone also believed Warren was very capable when it came to taxes and was therefore able to her own and her accountant’s.
‘Elizabeth Warren does her accountant’s taxes,’ the person tweeted.
Keep ’em coming: The trend quickly blew up before and after Warren appeared onstage for the Democratic Debate on Wednesday with people adding their own jokes
Having fun: People enjoyed creating their own jokes around Warren’s wholesome personality and what they thought she would, or would never, do
Joining in: Warren’s team even created their own tweet surrounding the joke on Thursday
Warren was praised for staying calm and collected throughout most of the night, earning her one of the top positions from the debate.
She then further proved her wholesomeness by sending a text to fellow Democratic candidate Julian Castro to congratulate him on having a good night, something not always done by politicians competing against each other for the nomination.
Her behavior only further encouraged people to share more character traits they thought the candidate possessed.
The trend was then noticed by Warren and her team on social media Thursday.
Team Warren, the candidate’s Twitter page dedicated to providing news about the politician, joined in on the fun with a tweet of its own.
‘[Elizabeth Warren] ALWAYS remembers to call you on your birthday. (That one’s true, she calls every team member on their birthday!)’
Warren later quoted the tweet, writing: ‘I do! I love my team!’
Although the presidency is not decided based on Twitter popularity, these hilarious trends about Warren could boost her in the coming months when competing against the other candidates.