Pictured: Knife victim, 33, who became 51st to be murdered in London this year when he was stabbed in Forest Gate fight
- Ismalia Ceesay was killed on May 28 after being stabbed in the abdomen
- Police were called to the Forest Gate area after receiving reports of a fight
- The 33-year-old died in hospital and police are now appealing for information
Ismaila Ceesay (pictured above) was stabbed in the Forest Gate area of London
A stabbing victim, who became the 51st person to be murdered in London this year has been named as Ismaila Ceesay.
The 33-year-old was killed on Tuesday, 28 May after being stabbed in the abdomen in the Forest Gate area of east London.
A 48-year-old man was arrested on May 28 and has since been released on bail – to a date in mid-June.
This is while a 20-year-old woman, arrested on suspicion of murder on May 29 and a 24-year-old man, also arrested on suspicion of murder on June 1, have also been bailed to a date in late June.
Officers were called to Warwick Road on May 28 after receiving reports that a fight was taking place.
Ismaila was taken to hospital, where he sadly died.
It comes as a gang filmed themselves chasing a victim through the streets before stabbing him several times in the back during an attack in London yesterday.
The victim, believed to be in his 20s, was found near Willesden Magistrates’ Court in Brent, London, just before 3.30pm yesterday. The man had been stabbed several times in the brutal attack.
An area of Romford Road (pictured above) was closed off following the incident on May 28
A white tent was erected over the scene of the stabbing in Forest Gate after officers were called out to a fight
The victim was initially thought to be fighting for his life, but his condition has since improved.
The appalling attack is believed to have filmed by one of the assailants and the clip has since been shared across social media. In the video, the aggressor films the wounded victim and proudly gloats at his injuries for the camera.
In the distressing clip, a group of hooded thugs are seen chasing after the victim down Chapel Close, on bicycle and on foot. A cackling accomplice drives behind them in a car and films the attack.
A forensic officer at the scene of the fatal stabbing in Forest Gate on May 28 can been seen taking notes
- Jan 1: Charlotte Huggins, 32, Camberwell
- Jan 1: Tudor Simionov, 33, Mayfair
- Jan 4: Simbiso Aretha Moula, 39, Rainham
- Jan 6: Sarah Ashraf, 35, Isle of Dogs
- Jan 7: Jayden Moody, 14, Waltham Forest
- Jan 11: Asma Begum, 31, Canning Town
- Jan 27: Kamil Malysz, 34, Acton
- Jan 29: Nedim Bilgin, 17, Islington
- Feb 4: Carl Thorpe, 46, Highgate
- Feb 5: Lejean Richards, 19, Battersea
- Feb 10: Dennis Anderson, 39, East Dulwich
- Feb 18: Bright Akinlele, 22, Camden
- Feb 19: Brian Wieland, 69, Chingford
- Feb 21: Glendon Spence, 23, Brixton
- Feb 22: Kamali Gabbidon-Lynck, 19, Wood Green
- Feb 25: David Lopez-Fernandez, 38, Tower Hamlets
- Feb 26: Che Morrison, 20, Ilford
- Mar 1: Jodie Chesney, 17, Harold Hill
- Mar 2: Elize Linda Stevens, 50, Hendon
- Mar 2: Jolia Bogdan, 3 months, Croydon
- Mar 3: Unnamed man, 37, Soho
- Mar 6: Laureline Garcia-Bertaux, 34, Kew
- Mar 6: David Martinez, 26, Leyton
- Mar 7: Antoinette Donnegan, 52, Battersea
- Mar 7: Ayub Hassan, 17, West Kensington
- Mar 16: Nathaniel Armstrong, 29, Fulham
- Mar 22: Abdirashid Mohamoud, 17, Isleworth
- Mar 24: Ravi Katharkamar, 54, Pinner
- Mar 27: Ramane Richard Wiggan, 25, West Norwood
- Mar 28: Zahir Visiter, 25, Regents Park
- Mar 29: Gavin Garraway, 40, Clapham
- Apr 1: Calvin Bungisa, 22, Kentish Town
- Apr 2: Hubert Hall, 60, Walthamstow
- Apr 7: Annabelle Lancaster, 22, Enfield
- Apr 8: Noore Bashir Salad, 22, Manor Park
- Apr 16: Gopinath Kasivisuwanathan, 27, Wembley
- Apr 17: Steven Brown, 47, Stoke Newington
- Apr 23: Meshak Williams, 21, Harlesden
- Apr 26: Mihrican Mustafa, 38, Canning Town
- Apr 26: Henriett Szucs, 34, Canning Town
- Apr 26: Amy Parsons, 35, Whitechapel
- Apr 26: Joshua White, 29, Hackney
- May 1: Tashaun Aird, 15, Hackney
- May 5: Constantin Sin, 51, Leytonstone
- May 5: Junior Urugbezi-Edwards, 18, Southwark
- May 11: Erik San-Filippo, 23, Islington
- May 16: Barrington Davis, 54, Lewisham
- May 23: Unnamed man, 69, Kensington
- May 23: Unnamed woman, 68, Kensington
- May 25: Unnamed man, 46, Battersea
- May 26: Unnamed woman, 23, Tower Hamlets
- May 28: Unnamed man, 30s, Forest Gate
Detective from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are continuing to work to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident in Forest Gate and have asked for anyone with information to come forward.
To contact police call 101 quoting CAD427/28May. Alternatively, tweet @MetCC.
Information can also be passed 100% anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers via 0800 555 111.