Pictured: Murder victim, 12, who was being brought up by his single father as police charge 14-year-old boy with the killing
- The victim was discovered in Fishtoft, Lincolnshire, at around 10.22am Saturday
- He has now been named by police as 12-year-old schoolboy Roberts Buncis
- A 14-year-old boy and a 19-year-old man were arrested on suspicion of murder
- The 14-year-old has now been charged with the murder and will appear in court
A 12-year-old schoolboy found dead on Saturday has been named, with a 14-year-old charged with his murder.
The body of Roberts Buncis was found on grassland in Fishtoft, Lincolnshire, at around 10.22am on Saturday.
A 14-year-old boy and a 19-year-old man were arrested on suspicion of murder over the weekend while Lincolnshire Police carried out further enquiries.
Today, the force said that the younger suspect, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has now been charged with murder.
A JustGiving page also revealed that Roberts was being raised by his single father Edgars.
Roberts Buncis, 12, was found dead in Fishtoft, Lincolnshire on Saturday. A 14-year-old has been charged with his murder
He has been remanded to appear at Lincoln Magistrates’ Court this morning while the 19-year-old man remains in police custody being quizzed by detectives.
Police had originally believed the victim was aged in his 30s before later revealing he was of secondary school age.
Officers are still appealing for anyone with CCTV covering the area between 8pm on Friday and 10.22am on Saturday to get in touch.
Lincolnshire Police said in a statement: ‘Following formal identification we are now in a position to name the boy who lost his life in this tragic incident as 12-year-old Roberts Buncis.
The victim was discovered on a common in Fishtoft, Lincolnshire, (pictured) at around 10.22am on Saturday
‘A 14-year-old boy has been charged with his murder. He has been remanded and will appear at court this morning.’
Detective Superintendent Martyn Parker said previously ‘This is a devastating incident in which a young boy has lost his life.
‘The impact will no doubt be felt greatly in the community and beyond.
‘This type of incident is not what we would expect to see within our communities. We are working with those affected to keep them informed and offer our support.
‘I want to reassure the public that we will do all in our power to meticulously investigate the circumstances of this young boy’s death and we would urge anyone who has any information that could support this investigation to get in touch.’