Ronan Farrow is reportedly working on a second exposé on Harvey Weinstein after his New Yorker piece about sexual harassment claims against the movie mogul rocked Hollywood.
Farrow is believed to be calling potential sources, including former Weinstein employees, for another New Yorker exposé about the producer.
An insider claimed that Farrow’s upcoming piece might focus on the cult-like atmosphere of Weinstein’s former company, which he was fired from amid sexual harassment and abuse claims earlier this month.
Ronan Farrow is believed to be calling potential sources, including former Weinstein employees, for another New Yorker exposé about disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein
‘[Ronan] is hot right now and he wants to capitalize on the momentum of the first article. He seems impatient to get another piece out ASAP,’ the insider told Page Six.
‘He’s speaking to former Weinstein employees and telling them he’s on “a tight deadline”,’ the insider added.
Farrow is the son of actress Mia Farrow and director Woody Allen, who has also faced allegations in the 1990s of abusing his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow, who in 2014 published an open letter in the New York Times outlining her father’s alleged abuse.
Ronan Farrow last year published a column in the Hollywood Reporter criticising the media for failing to ask hard questions about his sister’s case.
His story on Weinstein in the New Yorker rocked Hollywood after it and a story in the New York Times detailed decades of sexual harassment by several actresses, including Ashley Judd, Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow.
Attorney Gloria Allred on Wednesday pressed The Weinstein Co to create a ‘substantial’ fund to pay out settlements to alleged victims of Weinstein, film’s company’s former co-chairman.
Allred, in her second press conference in two days, revealed the latest woman – actress Natassia Malthe – to come forward with an allegation of sexual assault against Weinstein. Malthe, an actress with dozens of credits, said the disgraced film mogul raped her in her London hotel room late at night in 2008.
Attorney Gloria Allred (right) on Wednesday, in her second press conference in two days, revealed the latest woman – actress Natassia Malthe (left) – to come forward with an allegation of sexual assault against Weinstein
Citing the mounting numbers of women – some 50 claiming harassment and at least half a dozen alleging sexual assault – Allred urged The Weinstein Co. to set up an arbitrator-overseen settlement fund.
‘It’s time for The Weinstein Co. to put their money where their mouths are,’ said Allred, who is representing several of the alleged victims.
‘They made many, many, many millions of dollars while Harvey Weinstein was behaving in the most egregious and reprehensible acts imaginable.’
The attorney said that information is key to overcoming statute-of-limitations hurdles that would otherwise block the case from moving forward.
Weinstein representative Sallie Hofmeister on Wednesday reiterated the producer’s denial of all allegations of non-consensual sex.
Representatives for The Weinstein Co. did not respond to messages Wednesday regarding either Huett’s suit or Allred’s demands.
Authorities in Los Angeles, London and New York are investigating allegations against Weinstein, 65.
US media reported on Monday that New York’s state attorney general has opened a sweeping investigation into potential gender discrimination and civil rights violations at The Weinstein Company.
Weinstein’s films received more than 300 Oscar nominations and 81 statuettes, according to The Weinstein Company, which he co-founded after selling Miramax.